PDA

View Full Version : Reminder About Toolbars

SunshineGirl
06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Just a reminder about downloading screensavers, toolbars, trivia games, etc. Be VERY careful if another rewards site offers you credits to download something as part of an offer. We always test ours out to make sure that there is not any spyware. However, I have noticed that some other sites are running some pretty shady offers. Always be sure to check out thoroughly anything that calls for a download. When in doubt, it is not worth 50 cents to have your computer compromised. :)

Chris
06-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Thanks!! You are always so helpful!:sunshine:

pbhall13
06-18-2008, 10:34 AM
This is why I only do SR now!!!! No need to chance it with an 'iffy' other site.

Pamela

sunshinecindy
06-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Just a reminder about downloading screensavers, toolbars, trivia games, etc. Be VERY careful if another rewards site offers you credits to download something as part of an offer. We always test ours out to make sure that there is not any spyware. However, I have noticed that some other sites are running some pretty shady offers. Always be sure to check out thoroughly anything that calls for a download. When in doubt, it is not worth 50 cents to have your computer compromised. :)

It does happen. I visited a place for smileys and it ended up crashing my computer and costing me 80.00 to get it repaired.

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
bumpity bump

This also applies to certain reward programs that have their own toolbars. They will override your cookies and you won't get credit on SR for them.

m 'n c
08-11-2009, 08:17 PM
bump as a reminder.