PDA

View Full Version : Stamps.com

MooseBrains
06-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I signed up yesterday and just wondered why more members don't take this offer. It gives you $5.00 in postage just to sign up. I have a bunch of auctions closing today and will up to postage today.

It is free!

jnorth1007
06-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Make sure you read the terms and conditions of the service. It is free for only a short time. You in fact pay a fee monthly to use the service past the intiial service. I think the service is amazing and I have tried it before. I simply don't use enough postage to justify paying a fee on top of the postage. I think the reason that most people haven't is because it is simply something they don't need. About 6 months ago or so there was a change in the system where we have been telling people only to sign up for offers that they are truly interested in keeping or want to try out. This keeps people from signing up for offers just to get the credits and then quickly cancelling and getting their credits and those of everyone else revoked. I loved stamps.com and it is a great service if you use a lot of postage. I think Tricia uses it for the SR mailings. Enjoy the service but please make sure you read the TOS and know when they will start charging your monthly fee.

sunshinecindy
06-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I love it. Its very convenient. I do a lot of mailings, obviously, but even to mail packages out or padded envelopes. I can weigh them and put the weight and zip code in and it tells me exactly how much postage. I can also schedule a pickup right from there. I have found out that unless your package is over 5 lbs, that USPS is cheaper then UPS. It really saves on the trips to the post office. I would highly recommend this for anyone who does ebay and mails out a lot of stuff.

MooseBrains
06-22-2008, 11:39 AM
I did read the T&C of Stamps.com. I think for the initial period it is a great offer and to have $5.00 of free postage is an easy offer.

I do sell a lot on ebay during spurts so I will use the free credit up today! I can't say it is something I would pay for because I don't ship out that much over a consistent time period.

Cindy, thanks for telling me the weight break down. I could never figure out which was cheaper without going to both sites to check.

Blessing and Miracle
06-22-2008, 01:59 PM
I've been thinking about trying this offer myself. I don't mail a lot of stuff, but it would be great just for the convenience.

MooseBrains
06-22-2008, 06:21 PM
I think for free postage it is worth the try of the program.