Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magical Express Questions

Default Magical Express Questions

I think I was totally confused about how this thing works. I could have sworn that I read that you could take the Magical Express straight from the airport to the Magic Kingdom. Weren't they promoting something where you could get right off the plane and head to the parks?? Now what I am seeing is that you MUST go to your hotel first.

Here's my problem. I booked flights for us for October 21 so that the girls could just leave school early and we could still get to MNSSHP. So our flight leaves Indy at 4:00 and gets to Orlando at 6:25. I figured if we could head straight to the park, we would be there by 7 and still have 5 hours to play, catch the parades, fireworks, etc.

Now if we have to leave the airport at 6:30 and head to the resort and THEN go to the park, we may be lucky to get there by 8:00. Help!!

Plus one other problem...laptops. We'll have our laptops on the plane with us but will definitely not want to take them to the park.

I feel like my whole plan is turning into a disaster!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Honestly I would probably order a car to meet you then you can run out of the plane and meet the car and not have to wait for Magical Express. I have heard of people having to wait for Magical Express to leave because they are waiting for other people to get off of their planes. This way you can get to the resort quicker and maybe drop off your stuff at bag check and leave. I don't know what kind of timing you would be looking at with that but I am sure it would be quicker that ME to the resort and then to MK. The driver might even be able to take you from the resort to the Contemporary where you could do a 10 min walk to the MK and you can skip the monorail and the time it will take.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Honestly I would probably order a car to meet you then you can run out of the plane and meet the car and not have to wait for Magical Express. I have heard of people having to wait for Magical Express to leave because they are waiting for other people to get off of their planes. This way you can get to the resort quicker and maybe drop off your stuff at bag check and leave. I don't know what kind of timing you would be looking at with that but I am sure it would be quicker that ME to the resort and then to MK. The driver might even be able to take you from the resort to the Contemporary where you could do a 10 min walk to the MK and you can skip the monorail and the time it will take.
    I'm with Janet, but as you'll have laptops, if you room isn't ready or you don't want to stop, would you want to leave them with Bell Services? Maybe renting a car 1 way might be a good idea.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

The only other thing I can think of other than Janet's advice is to rent a car for that day. Then you could leave your laptops and luggage in the car while you go to MK. I know that there are some rental companies in some hotels near Downtown Disney. But that may be more trouble than you want to deal with!
    Sunshine Rewards

icartjetta is offline Crap, I hate games. If I see naked people they better be good looking.

Or you could have someone that you know from Orlando, pick you up!
    Traci
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by icartjetta View Post
    You are the best!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Don't you know she was baiting you this whole time??
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    LOL! My first thought was actually to jump in a car with the girls and leave SG at the airport to do all of the work.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

That entered my mind!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    Too funny Cate!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    LOL! My first thought was actually to jump in a car with the girls and leave SG at the airport to do all of the work.
    Now that could work too, poor SG!

Hope you have been able to figure this out......cutting it close is tough and when you have planned it down to the minute/hour you want it to work out!!!

Good luck Tricia!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    That would have been what we would have done. But a car rental or having someone pick you up and drop you off at the MK will save alot of time. The most we have ever waited for Magical Express was about 30 minutes but you also are taking the chance that your hotel will be the last drop off and you will be sitting on the bus while they drop off the others at their resort.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards