Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Trip to WDW

Some good shoes and lots of water, lots of sunscreen and too have fun!

Photopass???? Pre-buy Photopass cd and how that works Is a good idea too!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Angela.....

if she is at all iffy about using fastpass or parent swap I know that the disney mom panel made videos on these.........you should have her or hubby check it out (I know sometimes when i try to explain this to some people they get a little confused)

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

These are all good suggestions! Thanks! I talked her through itinerary stuff. Get this.....she is on the dining plan and only has 1....I repeat......1.....ADR. My poor sister.....where have I gone wrong!

I gave her some eating suggestions and she was going to call to see if anything is open.

I love the car rag idea for keeping cool. Never would have thought of that. With a 4 month old, that will be very useful.

She is not going to do photopass. Shocking, I know. But her kids would not cooperate, I am sure, and are just not interested.

They are super excited. I told her she won't see and do everything. They will be there for about 4-5 days. I told her the must sees and the absolutely do not waste time things (well...one....Stitch).

Anything else?
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

[QUOTE=linanglab;162156]These are all good suggestions! Thanks! I talked her through itinerary stuff. Get this.....she is on the dining plan and only has 1....I repeat......1.....ADR. My poor sister.....where have I gone wrong!/QUOTE]

Well, I guess you must be the much more intellegent sister! Just be glad that you have her calling about getting some more ADRs.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

[QUOTE=chipndale;162184]
    Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    These are all good suggestions! Thanks! I talked her through itinerary stuff. Get this.....she is on the dining plan and only has 1....I repeat......1.....ADR. My poor sister.....where have I gone wrong!/QUOTE]

Well, I guess you must be the much more intellegent sister! Just be glad that you have her calling about getting some more ADRs.
    I would like to think that I am the more intelligent one! LOL However, she is a pretty smart cookie. But I got the WDW smarts.
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Which days is she going in particular? August is a tough time and very careful planning as to park selection should be done to really get the most out of their trip. If you post her days and what they want to do, I may be able to provide some suggestions to avoid some of the crowds

I would highly recommend that she spend the less than $20 for a subscription to Tour Guide Mike (use the link on the DIS theme park page to get a discount.) It would give her lots of great tips for park touring, etc.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

All the suggestions on here are great so far. I also wanted to add something little, but useful. Tell her to put something around the handle of her stroller that is brightly colored so it will make the stroller stick out when she goes back to retrieve it. Even if she is using her own, if there are alot of strollers in the area she will have an easy way of identifying it immediately. Also if her kids are going to have ice cream tell her to put drink lids through the ice cream stick, it is a good way to keep it from dripping all over and making a mess. I did this with my little ones and it saved a big mess of mickey bar chocolate from getting all over. If I can think of anything else I will post.

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    Which days is she going in particular? August is a tough time and very careful planning as to park selection should be done to really get the most out of their trip. If you post her days and what they want to do, I may be able to provide some suggestions to avoid some of the crowds

I would highly recommend that she spend the less than $20 for a subscription to Tour Guide Mike (use the link on the DIS theme park page to get a discount.) It would give her lots of great tips for park touring, etc.
    Her dates are August 18-22. I tried to get her to get TGM a couple months ago, and she did not. Maybe I ought to put a bug in her ear again. She is calling today for more ADR's. I told her I was calling her tonight to make sure she called. She is a bit of a procrastinator....You CANNOT procrastinate when it comes to WDW! LOL
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by kerry34 View Post
    All the suggestions on here are great so far. I also wanted to add something little, but useful. Tell her to put something around the handle of her stroller that is brightly colored so it will make the stroller stick out when she goes back to retrieve it. Even if she is using her own, if there are alot of strollers in the area she will have an easy way of identifying it immediately. Also if her kids are going to have ice cream tell her to put drink lids through the ice cream stick, it is a good way to keep it from dripping all over and making a mess. I did this with my little ones and it saved a big mess of mickey bar chocolate from getting all over. If I can think of anything else I will post.
    Great thought! I did that when my kids were younger, and plum forgot! (okay....that plum word made me giggle a bit....what a silly phrase!) When I call her about her ADR's I will let her know these things too. Thanks so much!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Her dates are August 18-22. I tried to get her to get TGM a couple months ago, and she did not. Maybe I ought to put a bug in her ear again. She is calling today for more ADR's. I told her I was calling her tonight to make sure she called. She is a bit of a procrastinator....You CANNOT procrastinate when it comes to WDW! LOL
    OK she is going some of the dame day as us. Here is what I would suggest for her days (and the reason(s) why)

Aug 18th - Epoct (EMH-AM @ AK, Mondays never good at MK and EMH-PM @DHS)
    Aug 19th - MK (I'm sure they want to get this in as soon as possible and this would be a good day for it!)
    Aug 20th - DHS (good day and they have already been to MK and Epcot and want to avoid EMH at AK)
    Aug 21st - AK (so many people got AK in last night that it would be good to go today)
    Aug 22nd - If they are looking to do a water park this would be a great day for it; if they are looking for another park I would say anyone except EP (EMH-PM)
    Aug 23rd - Any park except water parks (weekends mean lots of locals) and DHS (has EMH @ AM)
    Aug 24th - I don't know if they have any time this day or not. If they do I would recommend getting in Epcot one more time.

Those are just my recommendations based on our experiences around EMH. As you can see we aren't big fans of EMH. There are just too man rooms on property and so many people want to take advantage of EMH. We find that we get less done when do an EMH versus avoiding those parks on those days. We have had great luck in avoiding crowds and maximizing our time in the parks! The only exception would be evening EMH if they are prepared to stay up very late (as in after midnight/ 1am.)

Don't forget to tell her that there will be no Spectromagic parade while she is there due to the closure of the bridge between Liberty Square and Main St.

I hope she and her family have a wonderful trip!
    Last edited by llgray16; 07-16-2008 at 08:55 PM.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards