Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Trip to WDW

Default First Trip to WDW

Okay....no....I am not going on my FIRST trip. But my sister and her family are leaving mid August with her 4 kids (8, 7, 4, & 4 months) and my parents.

I was explaining EMH and fast pass with her today. She needed to feed baby, so she is calling me back to get more info. Anything I need to tell her? I probably will remember most things, but I am sure I will forget some.

My sis has gone to WDW before, but about 10 years ago, with only her DH and her.

She is staying at ASSports, I think - a value at any rate.

Any help? I love planning. Even if it is not for me! (However, for me it is still much more fun! LOL)
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

ideas
    - baby swap
    - your favorite parades/fireworks/shows
    - food
    - favorite things to pack in your bag to take into the park for the day
    - the stroller rental price

How fun... I'm so ready to start planning again... but if I start too soon I'll drive my family bonkers.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Quote Originally Posted by faithhope View Post
    ideas
    - baby swap
    - your favorite parades/fireworks/shows
    - food
    - favorite things to pack in your bag to take into the park for the day
    - the stroller rental price

How fun... I'm so ready to start planning again... but if I start too soon I'll drive my family bonkers.
    But you can drive US bonkers!!!! We are all bonkers around here, you know? We LOVE planning. It is never too early, is it????? LOL

Thanks for the ideas! When she calls back, I will keep this thread open to help me remember things. I forgot about babyswap because I never had to use it! Thanks for that reminder!

They are driving, so they will already have a stroller, but I will remind her that her other kids may need a breather with a stroller....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Also since she will have a little one, you might tell her about the Baby Care Centers that are in each park- usually near the entrance. They are a nice place to get out of the heat to change diapers, feed, breastfeed, etc! And if you happen to forget or run out of something (diapers, meds etc) you can buy some there in a pinch.

I don't know if you guys do the photopass, but if you prepurchase it, the cost is $99.95 including shipping. http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

I'll see if I can think of anything else...
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would mention eating times. I am sure you have her set up for ADRs but it's the counter service that can get really crowded. I would tell her to try to eat as close to 11:30 as she can as it will help.

How about those glow sticks at Dollar tree vs. in the parks? Might save a few bucks. Sending packages to the resort when you shop vs. carrying them throughout the parks with you.

Rotate air conditioned rides/attractions with those that are outside.

Bring water with her but she might want to pack some kool aid singles/crystal light/propel so that they don't feel sick drinking that much water. The flavor helps a little with that sick feeling.
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

So far all great suggestions. My cousin just took his family for the first time the end of June and they didn't want to hear anything about the parks and they had a terrible time and didn't see any magic at WDW and they will never go back. So if your sister is listening to you that is a big plus. I would suggest telling her to have a plan of attack for the day(I am sure that you are helping with that) and then to be flexible - you never know what is going to happen while you are there. Just enjoy and soak up the magic! Can you believe that my cousin and his family hated Disney?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

We used a product called Aquadry (a towel for drying your car off) that we wet and placed on my youngest daughters legs while she was riding in the stroller. I had read on the DIS that someone used it for their baby to keep them cool and it REALLY does work!!! It's even better then the neck coolers - we have both. My youngest has a TERRIBLE time in the sun/heat so I knew I better try it. It would be the ideal size for a baby.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by lrsellars View Post
    We used a product called Aquadry (a towel for drying your car off) that we wet and placed on my youngest daughters legs while she was riding in the stroller. I had read on the DIS that someone used it for their baby to keep them cool and it REALLY does work!!! It's even better then the neck coolers - we have both. My youngest has a TERRIBLE time in the sun/heat so I knew I better try it. It would be the ideal size for a baby.
    That's a great idea! Especially when they are in the stroller with their legs exposed to the sun so long!
    Sunshine Rewards

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    So far all great suggestions. My cousin just took his family for the first time the end of June and they didn't want to hear anything about the parks and they had a terrible time and didn't see any magic at WDW and they will never go back. So if your sister is listening to you that is a big plus. I would suggest telling her to have a plan of attack for the day(I am sure that you are helping with that) and then to be flexible - you never know what is going to happen while you are there. Just enjoy and soak up the magic! Can you believe that my cousin and his family hated Disney?
    I cannot imagine anyone hating Disney! One of my brothers doesn't hate it exactly - but he would only prefer to go once every 10 years or so - and only for a day or 2. DH and I are completey opposite. I go thru withdrawls if I don't go to DL (it's closer to me) at least every 6 months. WDW is harder for us to get to but we are actually going twice this year.
    Last edited by disneyforever; 07-14-2008 at 05:50 PM. Reason: can't spell worth a darn!
    Elaine

ponchos if going in August is a must.

Also you might want to mention lockers if they have to much to carry.

I used a backpack on the stroller when my sonwas little.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo