Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A neat article about disney's increases

Default A neat article about disney's increases

http://land.allears.net/blogs/mikesc..._changing.html

Just thought I'd post this article that I thought was pretty neat. I agree with pretty much everything he says. And it has changed the way we are probably going to vacation this year. We have already discussed downgrading from a moderate to a value.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thumbs up

Great article, thanks for sharing it.
    It's Soooooooooo true, we'll all be rethinking our vacations, or at least our options while there.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Very interesting..............I pretty much agree with what Mike is saying......I love to travel to WDW but if prices keep jumping I will have to go less often...which makes me sad, but is a reality

pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Also agreed. We will definitely be spending little money on souvies. We were thinking of the dining plan, but not now. We will be eating more breakfasts in room, and will not do as many TS meals. Maybe 1. Any "nice" places we eat, will probably be off site, where it is a little cheaper.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

We have gone every year for a quick 3 day stay (on property) with few extras... My SR credits for the past 2 years has made it possible to add in more extras and really enhance the trip... This year my SR credits will make the trip possible, and will go to paying for the basics (tickets and room)... but at least we will still get to go this year...

Great Article...thanks for posting.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

Thanks for posting. I've definitely changed my Dec. 08 trip financially from the Dec. 07 trip. Pretty much decided that the DDP won't save us money this time. I've never used DDE but may look into it to see if it will save us money or not.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

we cancelled our trip to wdw this year for just that reason...money. what we would have spent just for room and tickets at wdw got us 4 days in gatlinburg with everything included, even gas (total was about $1,200.00). disney is quickly pricing itself out of my budget. IF we get to go next year, there will be few souvenirs and maybe 2 sit-down meals (DH HAS to eat a biergarten and crystal palace). i say if, because with DD in middle school now, we can't go during the school year and our spring break next year starts the monday after easter, so that's out too.

I LOVE Disney but a Great Smoky Mountains vacation is also wonderful. In fact, DH and I wil be there in Oct - hopefully to catch the leaves turning. It is definitely cheaper. We have 6 nights in a 3 BR cabin with Hot tub on a balcony facing a beautiful valley for the same as my room at the Pop for 6 nights in Dec. (DH won't be going with me to WDW - not his thing). If you've never been to Roaring Fork Motor Trail in Gatlinburg be sure to check that out. It's not advertised much. I think it's at traffic light #8. (Whichever the road is that you turn down to get to the Log Cabin Pancake House). And the Arts and Crafts community is interesting. Well, lots of interesting things to do there that don't cost much.

not to hijack the thread, but we got kinda lucky with our gatlinburg cabin even though the water was shut off the day before we left, lol (rental company got it back on for us, evidently owner forgot to pay the bill). it had a GORGEOUS view, plenty of room and the hot tub was awesome. the rental company also gave us complimentary horseback riding tickets, which i think was DD's favorite part of the trip. mine was the ice skating, even though i fell 4 times, lol, i had the rink to myself for the first 45 minutes to an hour. we went to the gem mine at the 3 bears gift shop in pigeon forge & bought a $15 bucket of dirt that yielded a 1 carat sapphire and a 2 carat emerald!

now, back to your regularly scheduled disney chatter!

Oops, guess that was a small hijack, huh? Disney's a great place!!!