Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A neat article about disney's increases

Good article. I also agree with everything that was said. We will still go but we will spend less on extras. Good thing is my sons are older and really don't want that much Disney stuff, they just like the rides.
    We were there in May and I thought the crowds were smaller than that same time last year. I hope to go again next year in May but will just have to see what this year brings.
    One big thing I know is that we have used our SR dollars to make the last three trips special, more food, snacks and such but next trip the SR dollars may just furnish the basics.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

When the kids are older I am sure vacations will be much easier to plan and we can do other things but for right now I love seeing the look on DDs face when she steps off of Splash mountain, or her admiration of a princess. I loved seeing DS stand up on a stage and fight Darth Vadar with a light Saber, the pure joy and magic of it just brings tears to my eyes. Next on my list is Discovery Cove.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

That is a good article and he made a lot of good points. DH thought it was overpriced to begin with which is why we stayed off property. When/If we go again (hoping Nov 09) it'll be off property and hopefully most of it will have been paid for with SR funds. I'll want to splurge on some things since this would only be our second trip which is why to save now is important.
    Sunshine Rewards

With the increase in gas prices, the costly changes to the dining plan (the tip thing really hurts!), the price increases in tickets......I'm not sure how much longer we will find it necessary or reasonable to do WDW once a year

There are so many other options of great vacation destinations that are closer to home and as much as I LOVE seeing the kids at Disney and the whole atmosphere at WDW.....something does have to give.

And I hate to say this but.......I'm kind of angry at the Disney company for the big price hikes in light of the current economy. It would be nice to feel like they were making an effort to keep WDW reasonable for families instead of hiking all the prices while removing benefits.

I know they are running a business and have shareholders to answer too but still

I hope that the response to their recent changes will make them rethink their strategy.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I certainly agree. It seems as though with the economy the way it is, and gas prices also, that Disney would have shown a little more guest concern. Although it is only a small amount, even leaving the ticket prices as they were would have shown some thoughtfulness. And we won't be doing the dining plan this year. My DD and I have looked at the menus of all our ADR's, and will save minimum of $150 by not doing the dining plan. (That includes tax and tip). We don't normally eat desserts anyway but I even included a few of those in my total.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.