Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Future Planning - help from moms

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Default Future Planning - help from moms

Since my October trip is basically all planned I needed something to do, so I'm planning my trip in May 2010.

I will be going with my best friend, her DH and her daughter who will be 5. We would like to do a couple of sit down meals, but will be on a bit of a dining budget. Any recommendations for places a picky man and a 5 year old would both like? I was thinking dinner at 1900 Park Fair for a princess meal (not sure of the menu at Askershus and don't really want to pay for the castle). Any other suggestions?

Has anyone heard of a tea party with Alice? If so what can you tell me about it?

For those who have gone with kids that are around 5, is there anything we should know, be prepared for, make sure we see?
    Sunshine Rewards

LOL. I don't have much advice, but I had to laugh at- You needing something to do. Wanna come over here?

Seriously, have fun planning. Although, we've gone a couple of times since the twins were born, we never did any of the dining so I can't be any help.
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh I have work to do, but needed some Disney planning with which to fill my time while procrastinating doing all the work I have to do
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Oh I have work to do, but needed some Disney planning with which to fill my time while procrastinating doing all the work I have to do
    Gotcha!
    Sunshine Rewards

Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, 1900 PF, 50's Prime Time and O'Hana are all popular with my DD's. Maybe aim for lunch ressie's to catch a break on the cost.

As for tips for bringing a 5 yr old...we brought my oldest for the first time when she was 5 and our rookie mistake was not predicting the need for a stroller for her (since she hadn't used one in years...just didn't occur to us). The poor kid collapsed in AK at the end of day 2. So...I'd be sure to either bring a stroller or plan to rent one at the park.
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

Quote Originally Posted by jl8595 View Post
    Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey, 1900 PF, 50's Prime Time and O'Hana are all popular with my DD's. Maybe aim for lunch ressie's to catch a break on the cost.

As for tips for bringing a 5 yr old...we brought my oldest for the first time when she was 5 and our rookie mistake was not predicting the need for a stroller for her (since she hadn't used one in years...just didn't occur to us). The poor kid collapsed in AK at the end of day 2. So...I'd be sure to either bring a stroller or plan to rent one at the park.

Good tip about the stroller!

I think the picky dad in this case would have a fit if we tried Chef Mickey's. I like the idea of lunch at 50's Primetime.

Anyone every eaten breakfast at Cape May?
    Sunshine Rewards

I had to laugh....I know what you mean about needing another trip to plan once you finish planning your current trip....I was the same way when we returnd in June. How about Hollywood and Vine @ DHS...my DD's really enjoyed the breakfast there with the Playhouse Disney Characters. 1900 Park Fare would be a must as would Crystal Palace. If you have picky eaters I would stick to the buffets...my DD's and DH (who are all picky) ate much better at the buffets and enjoyed the variety of food.

Another tip...take advantage of the Morning EMH especially at the MK. My DD's were able to ride so many rides with little or no wait during that one hour window, especially in FantasyLand which I am sure she will be very interested in at the age of 5.

I think one of the best things you can do is an early breakfast at Crystal Palace. It is a great breakfast (with Pooh & friends) but one of the best things is walking down a nearly empty Main St.! It is truly magical. It is one of our must-do's every trip!!!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I second the Chef Mickey and stroller. We choose not to take one as DD4.5 hadn't used on in a year. Day 4 she was wiped out and the minute we parked the car to go on the tram car she would cry bc she knew what she was in store for. The other 2 whined but were ok for the most part. What we learned though was that it probably was enough for all of them and we knew when to quit. It was nice not having to deal with the stroller that's for sure. Also DD had just turned 4 a week before so they were just 4, just 5 and 8.5
    Sunshine Rewards