Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone waiting for the Codes for Oct, Nov & Dec

Default Anyone waiting for the Codes for Oct, Nov & Dec

I am so excited to see if codes come out Monday for Oct, Nov & Dec!!! I have been (im)patiently watching the disboard forum and can't stand it much longer!!!! Is anyone else waiting????

We're going 11/20-11/29 to the Pop and I'm hoping to saving at least $600!! I LOVE saving money! Then I've got more to spend!

We went in Oct '06 after getting a special email from Disney Visa and our entire trip for 9 nights with the DDP, and airfare for the 4 of us was under $3000! A few days later a code came out for the general public. Now that DS11 is considered an adult, we are paying more for him. That's ok, it's a vacation that we've saved for!

I just had to verbalize my excitement somewhere, and I was a little afraid I'd get flamed if I posted it on the dis code thread!

I am waiting also. DD and I are going Oct 19-23. I just had to change my ressie this week due to family circumstances. We changed from Contemporary to Pop. The good thing is I had already paid more than what Pop is going to cost me so I already have a credit on my room for charges. I'm hoping a code will come out Monday and then I will have even more spending money.

I'm like you -- I've been checking the DIS code thread but wouldn't dare post over there.
    LEA ANN

Sunshine Rewardswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quick question, these codes everyone talks about are they for Disney Visa holders, DVC or when you book and stay on site? Disney's ressies and all that is still somewhat "new" to me.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Quick question, these codes everyone talks about are they for Disney Visa holders, DVC or when you book and stay on site? Disney's ressies and all that is still somewhat "new" to me.

April, don't feel left out. This is all new to me too. I'm glad you asked as I would like to know this also.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I'm crossing my fingers for a code for Dec 8th-18th!! All the codes for Dec so far have been through the 13th!!

April & Lisa-

We're talking codes that Disney has out for certain dates. The could be public (available to anyone), AP, or Disney Visa Holders. I don't think there is ever codes for DVC since they "own" their stay you know??

Go to the disboards or wdwinfo.com & you can see the discounts that Disney currently has. Not many people know about the public codes. Sometimes Disney will send out emails or postcards w/codes (aka PIN codes), but those are only good for the person they were sent to. The public codes are available to all, but if you don't ask, chances are they won't tell.

Before ever booking I always check out to see what codes are available. Then I have my TA apply the code.

It's a game, but it's a fun game!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I'm still waiting - hoping - for Disney Visa discount. Seems like it was out about the 1st week of August last year. Then, again, all the values, and I think all the mods, are booked 12/7 - 12/13, when I'm going, so maybe they don't see the need to give discounts then.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    I'm crossing my fingers for a code for Dec 8th-18th!! All the codes for Dec so far have been through the 13th!!

April & Lisa-

We're talking codes that Disney has out for certain dates. The could be public (available to anyone), AP, or Disney Visa Holders. I don't think there is ever codes for DVC since they "own" their stay you know??

Go to the disboards or wdwinfo.com & you can see the discounts that Disney currently has. Not many people know about the public codes. Sometimes Disney will send out emails or postcards w/codes (aka PIN codes), but those are only good for the person they were sent to. The public codes are available to all, but if you don't ask, chances are they won't tell.

Before ever booking I always check out to see what codes are available. Then I have my TA apply the code.

It's a game, but it's a fun game!!

Thanks for clarifying Jen! So are those the only two (or main two) sites that would have the public codes listed?
    Sunshine Rewards

Dh got a PIN code in the mail 2 days ago. It's $371 per adult for 5 nights at a value resort. For stays 9/28-11/25, 11/29-12/3, and 12/13-12/23. We are going to WDW in 2 weeks so we won't be going again this year. Although I would love to see the x-mas decorations, and we have a discount, maybe.........
    Robin

I am waiting - I just put in a request to a travel agent for two nights before our cruise in October - not the SR cruise - already had a 7 day Double dip booked!!

I requested a Deluxe, a moderate and a value resort. For some reason DD 8 likes Pop Century - I prefer Wilderness Lodge!!
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Thanks for clarifying Jen! So are those the only two (or main two) sites that would have the public codes listed?
    No, mousesavers.com & allearsnet.com are my other two reference sites too. (There are plenty more I'm sure!!) I like to visit disboards because you can kind of get a feel of what everyone else is finding before searching yourself (aka the lazy way of finding out if the codes are out!!).

You could also call Disney reservations (1-407-Disney) & ask if there are any discounts available for the dates you are going. Sometimes there are PIN codes assigned to you through their system (different than public codes), but they should also look for any public codes too.

What I've found is if you call (Disney reservations, AAA TA, or another TA), to have the codes (3 digit--usually alpha) ready & say you want to apply this code to a reservation...or get a quote w/this code. Best to be over prepared & know what you're talking about....some (not all) TA's aren't watching the boards like we are & don't realize a code is out at all.

Once I had to tell my AAA TA (who I love dearly) that free dining was out..she had no idea. I had to give her the codes because she said Disney hadn't told them about it yet.

Mousesavers has a great listing of when past discounts were available for certain dates. I believe the last 2 years the Oct/Nov/Dec public codes came out mid-August...so that's why we're thinking (hoping) Monday codes will be out!!

And not to get totally OT here, but I really do think that being educated in what you want re: park tickets, hotel, etc is really important when dealing w/some TAs. Yesterday, my friend had a TA tell her that if she wanted to go to the MNSSHP she needed a park ticket in addition to the event ticket. My friend has been to hard ticket events 3 times (MNSSHP & P&PP) & knows that was not the case then, but she second guessed herself when the TA told her that.

So I find it's ALWAYS in your best interest to do all the homework & research you can on your trip (price it on the Disney site, figure out the AAA discount, price out separately the tickets & the hotel, figure out if the dining plan is a good deal for you & your family by looking at the menus--AllEarsNet.com has most--, price out airfare, etc) THEN call either Disney or a TA. In my opinion, you spend so much money for a Disney trip, it's worth the research...if you were buying a TV for $3000 wouldn't you do the research??

Ok, getting off my soapbox now!!

Oh & BTW...what I'm talking about all pertains to Disney owned properties only.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800