Thread: Tricia: Referral Question / Work Computer Question - Please help!

Question Tricia: Referral Question / Work Computer Question - Please help!

Tricia,
    A girl at work has been checking out SR by looking at it through my log in so she could actually see all the stores and how it all works. She wants to join as my referral.

Herein lies the problem, she does not have a computer at home. She can go to her mother-in-laws to sign up and all. But, most of her searching/shopping will be done here at work. While there are 6 different computer workstations here at work and the fact that we work OPPOSITE SHIFTS (Cheryl works 7a-7p and I work 7p-7a and we do not overlap), the problem is that she wants to do her shopping while she is at work.

So...will this be possible? I am not sure how the ISP ID works here, but I do not want it to cause problems with my SR account. I told her not to sign up here at work PERIOD. I told her I would send you a message to see if somehow we could work this out. She is not into doing offers...just shopping. I just do not want any problems with my account because of her using SR.

I use my laptop while I am at work, but not sure if that still is the same ISP ID or whatever. Can you or Sunshine Guy please tell me if/how we can make this work without jepardizing my SR account. Her name is Cheryl James and hopefully if she can get to her mother-in-laws she is going to sign up tonight. I explained to her that this is entirely up to you in how/if it will work.
    Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I do not see that this is going to be a possibility if you guys are at any point on the same ISP. Even if she doesn't do offers you will still get flagged because of the ISP's. I would say that your best bet would be to tell her it just isn't possible until she gets a home computer. While the referral would be great you don't want to risk it. If she is really only interested in shopping why don't you let her shop through your account and when she gets enough you can cash out and give her the cards?
    Sunshine Rewards

Janet, that is what I was afraid of. I assume that all computers in this department are the same ISP although in different areas within the department. Probably the whole hospital? Not sure if that is true or how all that works.

I had mentioned that she could just shop through my SR. She didn't seem to like that suggestion. I wish there was some way it might work. Wonder if using a wireless laptop would still be the same ISP? How to check that?

I will see what Tricia says prior to her doing anything. I warned her not to do anything before I heard from Tricia or Sunshine Guy.

The fact that I have nearly $500 in my account makes me not want to go that route unless she decides she is not interested in earning gift cards. It would be a pain to try to keep up with who's stuff was who's. Sigh...

Adding info....saw that she did indeed join under me...spoke with her via the phone to make sure she understood that she was not to log into her account from work until we hear from Tricia on this matter. She agreed to wait although she is anxious to start using her account.

08/15/08
    Just logged in and checked my referrals and against my recommendation, I see she has worked her new account up to $2.76 after she agreed not to log in from work. Yikes! I do not want my account to be in jeopardy!
    Last edited by Anna; 08-15-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: update
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

There are websites to go to check your ip address. Maybe you could check your terminal, her terminal, and the wireless laptop to see if they are different.

I don't know the accuracy of these, hopefully sunshine guy can give some more technical advice.

If they do come up different IP, I'd still wait to hear the official ok or not, but at least you'd know if they are the same, then a definite no.

I've used http://whatismyip.com/
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards