Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a WDW resort....

Default Is there a WDW resort....

That just says home to you? I stayed at DL/POR my first four WDW trips. I stayed at POFQ last trip, and think its size and one bus stop gives it a slight advantage. That said, everytime I see POR pictures or on TV, I get all wistfull for WDW.
    you?
    Last edited by Hedy; 05-14-2008 at 03:31 PM.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

We love Carribean Beach! We have stayed there three times. We have also stayed at POP, and Coronado Springs. And of the three we love CBR. It is just so nice and relaxing. We wanted to try POFQ last year but when I looked at the pictures on allears, I changed my mind. The resort is absolutely gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but I love the big counters by the sink at CBR and POFQ didn't look as if it had such a big shelf. I like to spread out all my personal care products, and I bring a whole suitcase full from sunscreen, to meds, to hair spray, etc. Maybe one time we will try it anyway though, I am sure we would love it, lol. In January we are trying the Polynesian, if we can afford it, still not sure yet.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

POFQ is our favorite "home"! DH just mentioned the other day that if I wanted to change Dec's ressies to POFQ (from CSR) I could...but I know he enjoys the workout room & I DO love the busses at CSR.

If I could make my ideal resort, it would be at POFQ, but w/CBR's sink/counters & CSR's busses!! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

We are DVC members at Saratoga Springs Resort. While I read that a lot of people don't like it because of it's size and location, we love it! It just feels like "home" to us. After the hustle of the airport and car rental, when we pull up to SSR, a feeling of relaxation takes over and it feels like home! We also like that it is close to Downtown Disney so that we can get our Earl of Sandwich fix and do shopping late at night!

We have also stayed at the Grand Floridian (I could get used to that one lol) and POFQ, but they didn't give me the same feeling! As far as DL is concerned, we LOVE the Grand Californian and probably would never stay elsewhere!!

It is interesting to hear what people like about the different resorts- there is a perfect one for everyone!!
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

POFQ!

Granted, I only have one trip under my belt, but can't imagine staying elsewhere. When we walked into the lobby for the first time, it just felt right ... and when they said welcome home at the front desk and when we would return from the parks, it really felt like it. We LOVE that resort and if we can go again, we will definitely stay there!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

OKW. It feels like it is Florida. I don't want to feel like I am in upstate NY or in the Southwest. I want to feel like I am in Florida, on vacation and relaxing. OKW has mature and lush landscaping, everyone is laid back and low key. I love having a wash machine and dryer and the rooms are huge.

My favorite is to get up early, before anyone else, make a press of Starbucks and sit on the porch overlooking the golf course. Ahhh peace and quiet, then the family wakes up....

That being said I have stayed at POFQ and we are staying at POR this trip.

I wish that we have gone enough to have a "home" resort. Been 3 times on site, 1 time to Sports and 2 times to POR. We really do love POR. Love the relaxing feel, the boat to DTD, and just the slow pace feel (way different then at values). We did, however, love the theming and funness of the values.

Hopefully we will rent points next year and see if we feel more at home....who am I kidding? I could stay under a bench at WDW and feel at home! LOL
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I have been lots of times but stayed, onsite, only once. That time we stayed at All Star Movies. However, this time we are staying at POFQ and I love that so many people, here and on the Dis, have great things to say about it. I'm with Jen, I think I am not going to be crazy about the sinks beyond the fact that there are 2 so 2 of us can be getting ready at the same time. I keep my vanity full of hair and makeup stuff. But, someone passed along the idea of using a shoe thingie to hold all your "stuff" and I am going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    I have been lots of times but stayed, onsite, only once. That time we stayed at All Star Movies. However, this time we are staying at POFQ and I love that so many people, here and on the Dis, have great things to say about it. I'm with Jen, I think I am not going to be crazy about the sinks beyond the fact that there are 2 so 2 of us can be getting ready at the same time. I keep my vanity full of hair and makeup stuff. But, someone passed along the idea of using a shoe thingie to hold all your "stuff" and I am going to do that.
    I used the shoe holder (acutally hung it on the closet pole) and it worked GREAT! I loved it. Kept everything nice and neat. I will use it for ANY hotel I stay at - either WDW or other. It was nice because I have ALOT of "stuff" - lotions, make up, hair stuff, teeth stuff, razors, etc. It was PERFECT!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

i guess our wdw home is Pop Century-it's the only disney resort DD has ever stayed at (3 times, lol). i would LOVE to stay at the wilderness lodge sometime, though. that place is gorgeous!