Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was killing me tonight...

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Default It was killing me tonight...

listening to people talk about Disney!!

I was in the library waiting for DD7 who was at the summer reading program's closing program. I didn't know any of the moms where I was waiting (we have 4 elementary schools so I don't know a lot of moms) but OF COURSE my ears picked up DISNEY TRIP!

OK here is the short version...

One family of 4 is going on their first trip Thanksgiving trip...they figure about $4000 should take care of a 6 day trip with souveniers (it's possible...but that included airfare at Thanksgiving and dining plan for 3 disney adults one child). They are staying "in the park" at the All Star Something (her words). They have the dining plan but don't really have reservations (THANKSGIVING, people!). Another mom told her "no problem, you will be able to get into the pricier places". (hhhmm isn't LeCellier booked from now until FOREVER??!)

They have no plans...just going to get up and get in early every day. Then they will use "speedpasses". Somebody they know PAID the all the CMs at the speedpass line and they got in first right then and there. Otherwise they will get a doctor's note to get a pass to skip lines. (again all her words)

They don't have hoppers...they heard they are cheaper in Disney (are you allowed to find anything cheaper in Disney?). They will do a park go back to swim (ok so they had one thing right!) and then after dinner and stay late. (Don't November hours end EARLY??)

I was CRINGING!! I looked all over for a pen and paper to slip her a note about allears, SR, even the other Disney board...nothing! Granted, these women are from the "snootier" elementary school...very high priced houses, etc...so maybe the money didn't mean much but the other things were killing me!!

On the way to the car, I was telling DD about this family. Even she shook her head and said "Mom, they need a plan...reservations...something!". I have raised her right!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    listening to people talk about Disney!!

I was in the library waiting for DD7 who was at the summer reading program's closing program. I didn't know any of the moms where I was waiting (we have 4 elementary schools so I don't know a lot of moms) but OF COURSE my ears picked up DISNEY TRIP!

OK here is the short version...

One family of 4 is going on their first trip Thanksgiving trip...they figure about $4000 should take care of a 6 day trip with souveniers (it's possible...but that included airfare at Thanksgiving and dining plan for 3 disney adults one child). They are staying "in the park" at the All Star Something (her words). They have the dining plan but don't really have reservations (THANKSGIVING, people!). Another mom told her "no problem, you will be able to get into the pricier places". (hhhmm isn't LeCellier booked from now until FOREVER??!)

They have no plans...just going to get up and get in early every day. Then they will use "speedpasses". Somebody they know PAID the all the CMs at the speedpass line and they got in first right then and there. Otherwise they will get a doctor's note to get a pass to skip lines. (again all her words)

They don't have hoppers...they heard they are cheaper in Disney (are you allowed to find anything cheaper in Disney?). They will do a park go back to swim (ok so they had one thing right!) and then after dinner and stay late. (Don't November hours end EARLY??)

I was CRINGING!! I looked all over for a pen and paper to slip her a note about allears, SR, even the other Disney board...nothing! Granted, these women are from the "snootier" elementary school...very high priced houses, etc...so maybe the money didn't mean much but the other things were killing me!!

On the way to the car, I was telling DD about this family. Even she shook her head and said "Mom, they need a plan...reservations...something!". I have raised her right!

Well they'll learn the hard way!!!!
    One note though we did go the Thurs before thanksgiving and came home on Thanksgiving. Our flight was 160 RT per person (not bad IMHO flying from PHL) and the later hours started the first full day we were there.( I think Fri the 16th but Thanksgiving was the 22nd last year) So they may be ok there depending on their arrival dates, but I know for a fact that it was tough enough getting Chef Mickey in Aug for our Nov trip (that's when we committed to going) and forget Cindy's castle, no times left and I called every week until we left. I did end up with a few ressies, but not all I wanted, as a matter of fact Chef Mickey was the only one I had orginally hoped for!

I knew once we booked that I was Disney dumb and needed all the help I could get, besides here I talked to several friends who go every year and got the scoop I needed. It drives me crazy how some ppl feel "entitled" to certain things. Oh well once again they'll learn a hard lesson!
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Let her go and have a miserable time. It will cut down on crowds in the future
    Sunshine Rewards

I agree!!! Let them learn like we all had to!
    Sunshine Rewards

Funny Catherine- yep, let them learn the hard way and we won't have as many crowds!!

I had a similar experience when we were at the park one day. About 3 Moms that I didn't know were discussing Disney plans and it was hard for me not to correct 95% of what they said! People just don't know Disney like we do...but maybe that's a good thing!
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Oh Janet! Your post had me CRINGING!! I agree, while your intentions were good, let them learn the hard way...we all did & we turned out alright! Besides, had you told them anything different than what she already knew, she would have NEVER believed you!!

BTW...good job on raising DD!! She's going to make a fine Disney Planner someday!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Janet....I loved your daughter's comments. So cute. Smart kid!
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

You are all right...we didn't know much either. It just kills me to hear such mis-information. I only wish I could hear the story when they get back but I don't know who she is....

As for DD....when I do my plans, I must print her out a few empty spreadsheets. When she sees her dad for his visitation day, she plans pretend trips every week...giving him the run-down on ALL the hotels and restaurants. It is too funny. I will have to videotape it when she doesn't know I am watching!
    Sunshine Rewards

Its kinda sad some people just dont know what to do for their first trip. I did a lil research before going for the first time. I think we were like that the first time. Now.....we are experts......

-r

Don't you just love listening to people who are going to Disney that really do not have a clue! They give me a good laugh. Sure 4 days is enough time to do all the 4 parks and water parks...and yeah through in a trip to downtown disney. Sometimes I have to cringe and not jump in .....

this one mom from preschool spent over $5000 for a 5 day trip (2 adults, 3 kids, but one under 3!~) and they only went on 10 rides the whole trip. I even gave her my planner to look over and she wouldn't believe me that it would be crazy crowded (april vacation)......what a waste of money when you could have planned the trip and had a ball (she decided that since it was her 5 year olds birthday that she would let that 5 yr old tell them what rides they would go on...)

Like many of you said.....let them find out the hard way!

pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards