Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS page won't load????

Default DS page won't load????

I have been doing SR, DS's on the same computer for 1 1/2 years. I'm on a Mac. Everything has been fine all this time until this morning. I can type in my demographics and have many options checked right now, but when I click on the start survey button the next page won't load, so I can't get a survey. Also when I go back my demographics are not saved and I've never seen that happen unless I clear cookies and private data. It started this morning and has continued all day. I have rebooted the computer, cleared cookies and checked my settings. Everything else is working fine on here and everywhere else. Any suggestions as to what it might be and what I can do? Thanks for any help!

Feel your pain. The same thing started happening to me yesterday AM. I'm also on a Mac using Firefox, but I also tried in Safari. What this tells me is that GF reprogrammed something and it is now no longer Mac happy. I had it happen once before, it lasted for a few days and then it went away. Fortunately, DH has a windows machine that I can use in the interim.

Freaky! I haven't had that happen yet.

Did both of you get the "I use Mac OS" survey the other day? Cracked me up b/c it kept asking how much I would pay to fix all these "serious inconveniences" and I kept wishing for a "dude, this is why I have a Mac, 'cuz they so rarely HAVE serious inconveniences" checkbox.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by goofy08 View Post
    Feel your pain. The same thing started happening to me yesterday AM. I'm also on a Mac using Firefox, but I also tried in Safari. What this tells me is that GF reprogrammed something and it is now no longer Mac happy. I had it happen once before, it lasted for a few days and then it went away. Fortunately, DH has a windows machine that I can use in the interim.

Thanks for posting. This is exactly what is still happening. My DH does have a PC so I'll try his. I also tried Safari but got the same results...nothing. Thank goodness I already have 26 surveys for August or I would really be sweating it. I'll wait for a few days and if it doesn't clear up, maybe Tricia could email Greenfield. I also tried from work today. We have wireless airports and I thought it might make a difference but it didn't. I have never had this happen before. I hope you can get back on again soon too!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    Freaky! I haven't had that happen yet.

Did both of you get the "I use Mac OS" survey the other day? Cracked me up b/c it kept asking how much I would pay to fix all these "serious inconveniences" and I kept wishing for a "dude, this is why I have a Mac, 'cuz they so rarely HAVE serious inconveniences" checkbox.
    Hi Molly, I had that option yesterday morning when I could at least get the options, had it checked but then no survey page would load. Now I enter my demographics and that's all the further I can go, just get a blank white page with the wheel spinning trying to load. I agree with you, I love Macs, very few problems if ever, but this survey thing is frustrating. Glad you haven't had any problems!

Yes! I am having the same problem!

I switched to using Firefox last year when Safari stopped loading surveys, but now Firefox won't load them either.

I sure hope somebody has mentioned this to Greenfield, or a whole lot of us will now be unable to take surveys....
    Sunshine Rewards

Hopefully Tricia has seen this thread and can contact gf about it. I still can't get surveys to load on my mac with Firefox and firefox is the only thing I can use. Thankfully my DH has a PC and I have been doing my surveys on that, but I need to go back to doing them on my own computer soon. Not only will the DS not work, then of course neither with the SM surveys. Hopefully it can all be fixed!

Yeah, I just downloaded another web browser, Opera, and IT won't load the daily surveys after the screener either....
    Sunshine Rewards

FWIW, I use Firefox on a Mac, and I got 27 surveys in August, no problems opening them (knock wood).

I just looked at the info on my version of Firefox, and I have version 2.0.0.7. Do you guys have a newer or older version? Could that be the issue? I'm also running OSX "Tiger".

If you're trying to get Tricia and Greenfield to figure something out, from working in CS with a love of figuring out lite technical stuff, you'll need to give them very specific information, since it's not happening to all Mac/Firefox users.
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 09-01-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: August, not "this month"
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    FWIW, I use Firefox on a Mac, and I got 27 surveys in August, no problems opening them (knock wood).

I just looked at the info on my version of Firefox, and I have version 2.0.0.7. Do you guys have a newer or older version? Could that be the issue? I'm also running OSX "Tiger".

If you're trying to get Tricia and Greenfield to figure something out, from working in CS with a love of figuring out lite technical stuff, you'll need to give them very specific information, since it's not happening to all Mac/Firefox users.
    I am using Firefox version 2.0.0.16, nothing new and nothing has been upgraded or changed since the survey pages stopped loading 4 days ago. I have gotten all my surveys using Firefox, this version, for the past year with no problems at all, so I am at a loss as to why 1 night last week I did a survey and the next morning I couldn't!