Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have You Dined Here?

Default Have You Dined Here?

Our September trip is quickly approaching!! I'm so excited but also a little nervous. I am second guessing some of our TS choices.

Can anyone give a review of Yacht Club Galley for dinner?

Also, I saw something on a disboards dining report that seemed to indicate that some changes have been made at WCC as far as dinner goes. Specifically she mentioned peel-n-eat shrimp on the skillet and lackluster nachos on the appetizer list. But I cannot find anything else about that.

Anyone want to give info or a review on WCC dinner?

THANKS!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I've only eaten lunch there.....twice in one trip, but it was a few years ago.
    I was staying at Beach Club Villas (during a trip for my big 5o birthday with 7 of my bestest girlfriends) and we had lunch there...came in from the pool.

I remember most of us having great salads & big burgers for lunch, all were delicious and we all commented on how great it was, enough so that we went back for lunch on another day during that same trip, but sorry I've not been there for dinner.

Are you on the DDP? It's a 1 table service now right, so there are many other places you could change to if you'd like...but don't cancel your reservation till you've secured another..especially during the free dining time!! What other dinner ADR's have you made??
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Yeah, we're doing the DDP and I made the reservations back in April. We just want to try some new places, and the places have to be kid friendly. I also don't like to do TS meals in the parks b/c of the amount of time they take up.

We are also going to Ohana for breakfast and Ohana for dinner. We've been to Kona, Spoodles, and Le Cellier.

The boys are really excited about trying the chocolate puzzle at Yacht Club Galley and they are VERY excited about WCC. They all want the skillet so they can "eat like cowboys"
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

WCC is amazing. Do the bottomless milkshake.
    ________
    H2R
    Last edited by kimntrent; 05-08-2011 at 07:26 AM.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

LuvMyBoys-We'll be there in September too (4th-15th, how about you?)! And I totally hear you about second guessing your TS ADRs!! I know I have changed a few & came here looking for help too!

We went to WCC for dinner last year & loved it! We'll be going again this year. I haven't heard anything about the changes though. I did have the skillet last year, but there wasn't any shrimp on it? So not sure what DISer meant. I also didn't have the nachos & I'm a big fan of nachos, but I figured I could get those elsewhere out of the World, so we tried "different" foods you know!

The atmosphere was so fun! We recommended it to SIL & her family (ages 4 & 5) when they went last year & they loved it too!

I haven't been to the Yacht Club Gallery, so I can't speak to that..sorry!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    LuvMyBoys-We'll be there in September too (4th-15th, how about you?)! And I totally hear you about second guessing your TS ADRs!! I know I have changed a few & came here looking for help too!
    I guess I'm over-thinking it on the TS credits!! I just want them all to be good, and I'm sure they will be

We are going down on the 19th, we just miss you I'm really hoping for nice weather and no lovebugs!! If those two things work out, I'll be very happy!!

WCC sounds like fun, I can't wait to take all of my little cowboys!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I think it's just our nature to over think them!! Dang that Disney for giving us magic!! Last week I was doing the same thing & today I'm ok with it. For me, it just doesn't "feel" right if I'm not planning something & we're getting so close that I needed to find something to re-plan appartently! :0)

All your food will be great I'm sure!! You'll be in Disney afterall!!

Yes, by the time you get there I'll be crying at home wishing I was back!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

My trip in May with my mom and sisters kind of made me worse! We planned every little detail and then when we got there we encountered a few menu changes (the new Le Cel menu) and some restrictions (at Japanese CS in Epcot). There was no way to know about either of them (the info wasn't up to date on the dis or allears yet).

Now I know that I have to just let it go and "roll with the changes" as they happen. That's a little hard for me though as it is completely against my nature.

I'm a nerdy, over planning, goody two shoes. I know that and I embrace it
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

We loved the WCC! My son participated in the pony race. The food was great. My husband got the the skillet. I got a sandwich and could only eat half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by lisaoh View Post
    We loved the WCC! My son participated in the pony race. The food was great. My husband got the the skillet. I got a sandwich and could only eat half of it.
    Thanks for the review! I can't wait to take my boys there. They've seen the pictures of the inside and think it looks really cool. I hope they have the pony races and stuff when we go!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie