Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 49 days to go - time to work on my costume!

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Quote Originally Posted by minigirl View Post
    You did a great job on the costume. I'm sure ya'll will have a great time.

Have you seen the children's custom/boutique clothing thread on the family board? I've been following it since the beginning and it has morphed into clothes adults are making, too. It's bee a lot of fun watching it.
    Yeah, I've seen it - but I've only seen one adult item, an embellished tank. Some of the things over there that people have come up with are adorable though. My friends need to have kids so I can make them clothes!!!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

That costume is great! I'm very impressed!

I've been on that same board - but all I've managed so far are two pillowcase dresses that did come out well but I'm very new to apparel sewing...I bought some disney fabric to make them some pillowcase dresses with but i'm nervous to try anything too fancy yet.

We are headed down September 15-22 and will be at the MNSSHP on the 21st. DD6 is going to be Pocahontas, DD4 is going to be Minnie Mouse and DH and I are dressing up like the old Mouseketeers - easy with short, t-shirt with our names on the front and Mickey ears. Nothing out of the ordinary but this is our first time to MNSSHP and we are so excited!!!!

Have a great time on your trip and hope to see pics of the costume with you in it sometime!
    Rachel

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Quote Originally Posted by tommygirl79 View Post
    That costume is great! I'm very impressed!

I've been on that same board - but all I've managed so far are two pillowcase dresses that did come out well but I'm very new to apparel sewing...I bought some disney fabric to make them some pillowcase dresses with but i'm nervous to try anything too fancy yet.

We are headed down September 15-22 and will be at the MNSSHP on the 21st. DD6 is going to be Pocahontas, DD4 is going to be Minnie Mouse and DH and I are dressing up like the old Mouseketeers - easy with short, t-shirt with our names on the front and Mickey ears. Nothing out of the ordinary but this is our first time to MNSSHP and we are so excited!!!!

Have a great time on your trip and hope to see pics of the costume with you in it sometime!
    I should have final pics of me in it after this coming weekend - I'm going to hem it and finish it then.

This will be our first MNSSHP party as well, we can't wait either. The mousketeer outfits are a great idea! especially with one of your DDs being Minnie - that'll make for some adorable pictures

Don't be too nervous about branching out from the pillowcase dresses - there are some really easy patterns out there, especially for kids clothes. Patterns can be a bit intimidating the first tim eyou use one, but they're really easy to follow It's when you start going rogue and adapting patterns or going without patterns that it get's scary!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!