Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Questions re DVC Purchase

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    Where did everyone purchase their resales from?
    I used The Timeshare Store who is a sponsor on the DIS for my 60 point OKW. I was pleased with the service.
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I used the Time Share Store too and had great service. My purchase had a few complicating factors but they were great at helping to navigate the system and communicating with me.
    Sunshine Rewards

The Timeshare Store here too.

Very pleased with them and the gift baskets they have for clients to pick up when in Orlando are so very nice.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

TSS
    we had a clerical issue @ closing that delayed our ability to book @ 11 month window...yet understood, it happens in real estate...everything else very professional

& we stopped in office to say "hi" after closing & got a lovely gift basket
    Sunshine Rewards

Default YIPPEE!!!

Just made an offer at the Boardwalk! We are so excited. We followed your advice and went through the Timeshare Store. You're right, they are very nice, helpful, and professional.

Now all the junky paperwork. But that's ok, we are so excited.

Now I need to get a handle on the UY.

Also, can anyone tell me the difference between "Standard" and "Preferred" at Boardwalk?

Any hints would be appreciated. Your advice is and has been very helpful. I'm a firm believer in not "reinventing" the wheel.

Leslye

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkatmom View Post
    Also, can anyone tell me the difference between "Standard" and "Preferred" at Boardwalk?
    Leslye
    Congrats on jumping in and best of luck with ROFR!

Nearest I can tell (I've NEVER said that before!) the Standard rooms are a handful of rooms that overlook the entrance/drive area. You do get a bit of a break on points for those rooms BUT I also think they are some of the first to go in the booking process. I would LOVE to stay in a boardwalk view (same number of points for a preferred view but a different booking category) but we don't have enough points at Boardwalk to be able to secure those for an extended trip.....though with banking and borrowing..........

I truly hope all works out for you!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by kimkatmom View Post
    Just made an offer at the Boardwalk! We are so excited. We followed your advice and went through the Timeshare Store. You're right, they are very nice, helpful, and professional.

Now all the junky paperwork. But that's ok, we are so excited.

Now I need to get a handle on the UY.

Any hints would be appreciated. Your advice is and has been very helpful. I'm a firm believer in not "reinventing" the wheel.

Leslye
    Thanks for starting this post, I really want to buy into DVC too, but I am thinking of going the resale way too. We stayed in a standard room at BW. Our room faced valet parking, but we could see Epcot and Hollywood Studios. At nite when Epcot had 2 illumunations and MGM had 2 Fantasmic's, it was fireworks from 9:00 p.m. to almost midnight. My dh thought their were thunderstorms all nite. If you ever save up a ton of points, go for the gardenview rooms at the Boardwalk. Those rooms are like a little village with their own private pool. The ground floor rooms have their own little garden entrances. We stumbled upon those rooms, when the "clown pool" was so packed and we went to the quiet pool area. Amazing area.

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Those rooms are like a little village with their own private pool. The ground floor rooms have their own little garden entrances. We stumbled upon those rooms, when the "clown pool" was so packed and we went to the quiet pool area. Amazing area.

SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Don't let that little secret out. I love that quiet pool and even though it is quite a hike from the villas, I use it every time we use our BWV points.

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

We traded into there last time. It was really cool.

Default Boardwalk Villas

Yes we did! It was a great room overlooking the garden and the river. But like Dude, we have always wanted to stay overlooking the Boardwalk. We're all going to have to work on the secret of procuring those rooms!

We went into the ROFR process today. I don't think we'll have any problem -- we offered the asking price.

Leslye