Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The secret is out!!

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Default The secret is out!!

That's right...we had the treaure hunt today!! The screams from DH AND DD were LOUD!!

I will post pictures and details tonight! Just happy the secret is out...unforunately I still have to wait 282 for my cruise!
    Sunshine Rewards

So why did you choose today to let it out? How cool. I love these types of stories!
    <Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Can't wait to see!
    Did they have any trouble following the clues?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    So why did you choose today to let it out? How cool. I love these types of stories!
    Just couldn't hold it in anymore!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
    Can't wait to see!
    Did they have any trouble following the clues?

They loved them! Just challenging enough to read twice but Emily was able to get every answer. I will post them all later also after the kids are in bed.
    Sunshine Rewards

OK here we go...

Today I left Charlie text messages that he had a mission after work to get Jack's haircut and then pick up Emily. That left me time to put the clues around the house.

Megan helped me write clues the other day. I printed them out on cardstock and ripped them out. Then I went over the paper with a teabag to give it an old look. Did the same thing with the map.

I left a map on the kitchen table to get them to the first clue and the "props"
    (Thank you Traci!!!)

To find the treasure, follow the clues, the first one can be found someplace chilly now don?t act silly! (This clue brought them to the freezer - and Jack to a snack! He didn't want to play anymore!)

You found the first clue, you know what to do, find the next one in a place that?s fun ? and Charlie has spent a ton! (This brought them to the basement with Charlie's big screen tv and video games)

You are well on your way, don?t lose your cool, find the third clue in something you use for school! (To Emily's school bag - I almost forgot to put the clue there because I was so excited!)

For clue number four, go back to the second floor, where there are princesses galore. (To the kids bathroom -it is still princesses but that will change soon!)

The end is in sight?you will finish tonight?find the fifth note where you hang up a coat. (Coat closet)

One more to go, don?t stop now. Look high and lo where Jack is always told no! (Living Room couch - Jack loves to climb on it and I must say no a thousand time - Can you say TERRIBLE TWOS!?)

All along, Charlie and Emily worked together on the clues...Charlie couldn't keep up with Emily (think he twisted his knee whoops!). Finally they found the treasure box. (I didn't take pictures of the clues and box yet...will do it tomorrow.)

Here are the pictures from the "reveal" (they opened the box and found Disney Cruise luggage tags...a postcard giving the date of the cruise...and a book/DVD about the cruise.)

At each clue, I placed 3 chocolate coins in the shape of a mickey head. Emily said she noticed it but didn't say anything...Charlie didn't notice!

Oh and here is Jack with the pirate Goofy ears: (he wasn't happy with them!)

This was so much fun to do - I just had to tell because I couldn't hold it in anymore!! Now I don't know how I am going to wait the long 9 months until the cruise itself!! I need a Disney fix!
    Last edited by ligrumpygirl; 09-25-2008 at 08:48 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

OMG! I love it! What a great job! You can SEE Charlie's excitement in the photo! Too fun! I'm glad the clues were big hits!! LOVE the idea of the chocolates!! So did they have ANY idea prior to the last one?? LOVE it! I think that's great! Good job Janet!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

That's awesome Janet!!! You can just see their excitement!! Great job on the treasure hunt!
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Oh what fun you guys had! The look on his face is priceless.
    Sunshine Rewards

That was such a great idea. I couldn't have kept the secret either.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.

Janet

That was such a good treasure hunt for them.....and what a treasure to find! I love the look on Charlie and Emily's face when they figured it out.....priceless.
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards