Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Walk Around the World" bricks available!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Default "Walk Around the World" bricks available!

I don't know if any of you caught this on other boards or not, so I thought I'd put it here too as we all LOVE Disney so much....

You know those personalized bricks that make up sidewalks right outside of MK? Well, they are for sale again! Someone posted on DIS that she saw a "sandwich board" type sign by a customer service booth outside near where the onsite busses pick up. Apparently, they have about 20,000 bricks they want to fill up!!

You can call Disney's Walk Around The World @ (407) 824-7890 & request the form (application & legal agreement) to be faxed to you. The recording does say that the program stopped in 2000, but they are offering it again!!New bricks are $295. Name change fee for existing bricks $100.

I left a message on Monday & got the emails from "Dean" yesterday morning! I faxed my paperwork & my cc had a pending charge that afternoon. Many people are posting receiving phone calls from Disney (either Denise or Dean for the most part) & then receiving the emails. But I just left my email address on my message.

Not sure if I can post a link to a thread, so I won't, but IF you wanted to read the thread it's on the DIS under Resorts & the name is Personalized Bricks at Polynesian...post #11 starts the "yes, they are selling them again" portion!!

Just thought I'd share!!
    Jen
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Wow! That would be so cool. Yes! Post the link!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Wow, another thing to try and work into my budget! Is there a toll free number? If not I'll have to wait until I'm home. I don't think I could justify making the call from work!
    Sunshine Rewards

Here is the thread on DIS:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1457871

As for a toll-free number, no there was not...but there were plenty of people on the DIS willing to PM you the forms. I would, but honestly, my lunch is almost over & that could just be a landslide to try to keep up with!

Check out the thread & see if someone could send you the forms & then you could fax it over today! Some people have also posted their photos of the current bricks...it's soooo fun!!

I had a hard time figuring out what to put on there, but I ended up with:

Stay Magical
    Jen & Steve
    Last Name

Soooo many surprises for Steve this year...first the trip, then MNSSHP & now the brick!! Wooo hoo!!

Yea!! DH says yes!! I forwarded him the DISboard link and he must have checked it on his Blackberry in Sweden because I just got an email that says "Order it tonight. Would be cool!" Yea! Yea!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Yea!! DH says yes!! I forwarded him the DISboard link and he must have checked it on his Blackberry in Sweden because I just got an email that says "Order it tonight. Would be cool!" Yea! Yea!
    That is soooooo awesome! Now...the hard part....figuring out what to put on there!! Sadly, no slogans so no Sunshine Rewards Rocks or anything like that!! DANG!!

They said it should take about 6-8 weeks (or 2-3 months depending on the post), so HOPEFULLY, ours will be ready & there for us when we arrive in September!!

I called and got a bit of a run around. The Walk around the World people answered and told me to contact guest services to get transfered to guest communications. I was told guest communications only works by email or snail mail. So I try to email, the email address is invalid. So I call back, get transfered to the leave a legacy people who told me to call 'Walk around the world'. So I called and nobody picked up this time so I left a message. Hopefully I'll be able to get in, I would love to get one for our wedding!

OH I'd love to do that too!

Are they at the Poly or some place else?

I'll have to go read that thread now!

Thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

According to posters on the thread they will be right outside of MK.??? But I don't quote me on that as being for certain.

FWIW, DB and DSIL have two (I think-one and one for their Disneymoon) and really like them.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.