Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice from fellow Disney addicts

I just saw this thread for the first time - that mickey head tattoo is great!!! I love it! I have 2 tattos myself. First I got at 18, winnie the pooh on my right shoulder. For the second, all the girls in my wedding party got the same chinese symbol for friendship on our ankles. I'd love to get more someday!! As others have said, it's VERY addictive!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

Count me in!! I finally got my tattoo on Valentine's Day just before my 27th birthday. I figured after having three kids I could handle any pain! It really was not bad at all. I didn't have any pain.

So, now I am 32 and Mickey and Minnie have been hanging around on my ankle for 5 years. I love them. I wanted to make sure Mickey was my first tattoo. The next one planned is for DH, he wants Chernabog on his calf.

I totally plan on getting more, I just don't know what I want yet. They are addicting!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Have you seen your design yet? Or will you get it on the 15th?? Are you soooooo excited???
    No I haven't seen it yet. I'll see it on Wednesday. I'm really excited as the guys that work at this place are really talented! I also asked them to put a G,an H and a G inside each of the swirls. The letters are the initials of my 2 boys and DH. I really can't wait to see it and have it done!

I'll make sure to post pics when it is done
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    No I haven't seen it yet. I'll see it on Wednesday. I'm really excited as the guys that work at this place are really talented! I also asked them to put a G,an H and a G inside each of the swirls. The letters are the initials of my 2 boys and DH. I really can't wait to see it and have it done!

I'll make sure to post pics when it is done
    Yahoo!! I can't wait to see them!! Keep us posted!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

I got my first (and so far only) tattoo just after my 20th birthday almost 4 years ago .... it's a celtic cross I designed on my back.

My mom, however, got her first tattoo this year - Tinkerbell
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Oh, now, see, I was applauding you while I was reading, that you had refrained from the kid's names thing...

My dad started tattooing a few years back, and he has put each of our names on his skin. I hate hate HATE it. Wish he'd talked to me about that ahead of time. And I LIKE tattooes! I have one!

And want more, but I still remember the gawdawful hideous searing pain (cat scratch HA HA HA HA) from 16 years ago, and I just can't do it.

Maybe next time I'm actively IN labor, if I could find a reputable person to do it then (doubtful), I'll have a local tattoo artist come by to do it... doubt that will happen, but right now it's the ONLY time I could think of the pain being less than anything else. However, DS was posterior (unknown to anyone, including the idiotic people I hired) and not ready to come out yet (DH had been a 44 week baby, but the people I hired didn't believe him or his mom, and didn't believe that post-dates run all over MY family, and tried to coax DS out at merely 42 weeks, and I had a very very VERY long labor before the people I hired messed it all up completely), and I plan to do just about everything I can to have a properly aligned baby next time, so it might not feel the same way, and this whole tattoo-during-labor thing (doubtful as it is that anyone would even agree to it) might fall flat.

But anyway, please think long and hard about how YOU might feel if someone put your name on their skin, and if you feel even the slight bit weird about it, just don't do it.

Other than that, I really like that swirly mickey head you showed on the first page!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by llgray16 View Post
    I finally found the design that I think I am going to go with. Here it is...

It is the blue Mickey head painted in the center.
    llgray, I just had to share the photo I took a couple of weeks ago at the Field Museum in Chicago of a hidden Mickey (geode?) in the hall of gems that resembles the tatoo you want!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    llgray, I just had to share the photo I took a couple of weeks ago at the Field Museum in Chicago of a hidden Mickey (geode?) in the hall of gems that resembles the tatoo you want!!

That is really cool! Thanks for sharing! I haven't been to the Field Museum in about 10 years. It is a great museum and now that I know they have a hidden Mickey there, I'll have to go back soon!

Less than 48 hours until my Tattoo time
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

You're NEVER too old for a tatoo, I got my 1st one at 50(midlife crisis?)...and it's a Mickey also! Kind of different but I like it nevertheless....I felt he'd be looking at me at all times...weird huh? Well, here's my guy as he looks over my right shoulder:
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    You're NEVER too old for a tatoo, I got my 1st one at 50(midlife crisis?)...and it's a Mickey also! Kind of different but I like it nevertheless....I felt he'd be looking at me at all times...weird huh? Well, here's my guy as he looks over my right shoulder:
    I love it!!!