Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Everyone has a "dump zone" in thier house.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Kitchen table! Thankfully we eat in the living room in front of the TV!!
    Same here. Our kitchen is connected to the family room, so it doesn't make much difference where we eat. The kitchen table is the infamous "dumping grounds." So convenient.............
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    I wish it was my DH who was the clutterer but it's me!!

If DH had his way, we would keep nothing!! I'm trying to learn his ways but it's hard!!
    LOL! This is me exactly. DH keeps threatening... "I thought you didn't want me to turn into my father... throwing any pile away.." I swear I hear that every other month.

My clutter place is my desk.. Everything is on there. I can't stand it, but I can't seem to find a better place for items I need to go through! But then the pile keeps getting bigger and bigger! Then you add into it my work (since I work from home..) it never ends. I *think* and *hope* it will get better when I get a office, but at least it wouldn't be in my dining room and living room .. My desk is right in between the two rooms.
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

One of my goals this month is to really get in and organize the study... I'm hoping that helps us get it under control! Paper clutter is the worst for me!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Am I the only one that doesn't have a dump zone? I hate clutter and I'm a neat freak, so things are alway put away and not left out, in fact anyone in my family will tell you that I will know if anything has been touched or moved from it's spot!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I used to be such a neat freak and like you everything had it's place and I could tell when it was moved.

But alais I have 3 kids and something had to give. My kitchen table which we do eat at is my dumping ground bc I have my laptop here. I got so tired of the pile of stuff that I had brought up a tv tray to put at the end of hte counter so I could put the laptop on it while eating dinner. Then one day all of my stuff went onto the tv tray. I try to go through it all but it's never ending.

THen when DH moved the office down to the basement where all of our important docs are, the kitchen counter next to the microwave at the top of the basement stairs gets cluttered bc I leave stuff there to take down with me whenever I go. It used to be clear most of hte time, but now that I have the laptop I don't go back down as much anymore.

Lets not talk about the kids rooms.....
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't have a dump zone? I hate clutter and I'm a neat freak, so things are alway put away and not left out, in fact anyone in my family will tell you that I will know if anything has been touched or moved from it's spot!
    I envy you!
    I try not to have a dump zone however I know that if I dont stay on top of everything it piles up. Like it did this past couple of weeks. Anyway, I grew up with my mom being a hoarder ( and Im not exagerating! She needs help, professional help. I've tried but she just gets angry at me and then gets physically sick from being confronted.) Anyways, I always try to keep things put away and if its not being used its thrown away! My next project is our pitcures. I need to go through them deperately and get them in order for scrapbooking.
    "Be kinder than necessary, because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Michelle

Ours is the dining room table. My dh just asked me where a magazine was, that he set down. I am cleaning the house like crazy, since we are leaving for WDW soon. I finally cleaned off the table, and I started cringing thinking I threw it out, luckily it was sitting on the coach, because he started reading it and he left it there. Whew.

When my kids come home from college, I have a dumping trail. It starts at the back door and things get dumped through the mud room to the laundry room. Then backpack, coats, sweatshirts, laptops, books, get dumped into the dining room, to the computer room.

I was blessed with a huge blue bin this weekend,that is still sitting behind me right now. Someone decided not to have in their dorm room, because they have no room. I think one of them must have broken an arm or could be a leg, because it didn't quite make it to the basement where they found it last August. Or, did I actually find it in the basement. Who knows.

Mine is definitely the kitchen peninsula...ugh! It's usually in semi-decent shape from Monday 'til Friday, when the girls come home from school and empty their Friday folder contents onto the counter for me to deal with.

Okay...now who's brave enough to post pictures of their dump zone?? Double dog dare ya!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by gpp2001 View Post
    My space is the kitchen counter and table - we don't eat at the table very often - usually we eat outside but with the sunset coming sooner and cooler temps, we'll have to move inside. The office/extra bedroom gets a lot of clutter too! But I don't go in there very often, so I just ignore it.
    Karn
    Quote Originally Posted by mdapiggy View Post
    Oh this is so Me -- the worst part is as soon as a get the kitchen table cleaned off more stuff comes in and the whole process starts all over. I cleaned it his weekend and so far it has stayed clear for 2 whole days.
    Quote Originally Posted by spring View Post
    Same here. Our kitchen is connected to the family room, so it doesn't make much difference where we eat. The kitchen table is the infamous "dumping grounds." So convenient.............
    Oh, you all make me feel so good!!! My table is always loaded down (right now with the pictures I am trying to organized, been there a month ). Every now and then, I get it de-cluttered, we eat there and my kids make a big deal of it.

The other mess is my room. I have been working on my closet, desk and dresser for weeks. Plus, the "memory" boxes. Sorting thru what to keep, what to get rid of. I have stuff in piles as I am going thru it. But, in the midst of this, we have re-done DD13's room and are starting DD10's. So, shhh, don't tell her I am going thru her stuff Friday while she is at school. She'll never know.

I hope.

Ha - my DH's office is a dump zone, but it is in the basement, so I can ignore it. The dining room table I have a problem with - I clean it off and in a few days it is stacked with DH's computer mags, other papers, DS4's artwork projects/school papers, etc - and also DH is always dumping his lunch box, phone, keys on the stove because it is right inside the back door. Now that just disturbs my sense of order!! The stovetop should not be a dump zone, even I don't cook that often!!lol
    And toys, toys, more toys, everywhere, esp. since DS4 just had his bday. I gotta organize things - maybe I should buy some organizer stuff thru SR!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.