Thread: So frustrated with new computer.... need a SR technical advisor!

Default So frustrated with new computer.... need a SR technical advisor!

I just don't know what else to do. I just got this new Dell Studio laptop with Windows Vista and downloaded Trend Micro for virus protection. I have my cookies set correctly (checked them against my old computer and suggestions here). I've read through all the threads, played around with turning my windows and Trend firewalls on and off, but I'm concerned because no offers have credited (not unusual in itself considering how long I've been a member) and my SM surveys have not even credited. I did get an OTX to credit so thought I was okay, but the SMs have not credited since then. And my Thursday DS didn't credit on Friday. I'm afraid to shop because I want that to track. And I really don't want to lose out on my survey earnings. I don't think it's Trend because that is what's on my work laptop and I've gotten all surveys and offers to credit on that, too.

Any other suggestions? I am not terribly technically savvy, but follow directions well!

Well...if it's any consolation, I don't think ANYBODY got a survey credit for Thursday's DS yesterday. Greenfield apparently thought that was a holiday for some reason, so I wouldn't worry about that part just yet.

Sorry, I can't really help you with the rest of it.
    "Tomorrow I start with a clean blanket."

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by mmm611 View Post
    Well...if it's any consolation, I don't think ANYBODY got a survey credit for Thursday's DS yesterday. Greenfield apparently thought that was a holiday for some reason, so I wouldn't worry about that part just yet.

Sorry, I can't really help you with the rest of it.
    Thanks. Well now I am getting DS credits, OTX, and got one for a quiz offer. Plus my shopping test (mdc) worked, so it seems that only the super member survey is not crediting. Strange!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I DID get Thursday's credit yesterday as did some others so that shouldn't be an issue.

Shelly I don't know what else to tell you other then the suggestions I gave before. Have you tried using a different browser? Something SOMEWHERE is not set right.

I followed Gay's thread that she started when she had her new laptop with Vista and mine is working fine, but I have Norton and I don't think I did anything special on there. Did you check Trend's security settings also?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    I DID get Thursday's credit yesterday as did some others so that shouldn't be an issue.

Shelly I don't know what else to tell you other then the suggestions I gave before. Have you tried using a different browser? Something SOMEWHERE is not set right.

I followed Gay's thread that she started when she had her new laptop with Vista and mine is working fine, but I have Norton and I don't think I did anything special on there. Did you check Trend's security settings also?
    Thanks, April - I have checked everything I can. I have all the security settings (ie and trend) set to low and the firewall on trend OFF. I am beginning to think it's just trend! I have been doing the SMs on my old computer with no antivirus right now (only use it for that till i figure this problem out), and that is working. My free trial of trend expires 12/12 so think I'll go ahead and buy Norton rather than Trend.

There are so many different settings to check I am really confused... but it's not the end of the world if I have to do that survey on my old laptop. At least the others and the shopping work here!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Sorry you are having issues Shelly. I still can't get my dsl connection at home so I am missing out on a lot right now too. I will have to take Mike up on his offer this weekend to use his laptop for surveys since he has a wireless card. Too bad he's decided to start staying during the week in Beaumont now when I need his wireless card the most lol.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Ok, I need help now too. I haven't gotten credit for any offers since 11/08. I can get shopping credits & DS...but nothing for offers. I have a new gmail account, I've checked my cookie settings, I've cleared cookies/temp files, I just don't know what else I can do.

I thought I had it figured out last night because IE wasn't set as my default browswer (although I know I never used anything but to do SR offers), so I tried an offer that people were saying was crediting well...but still nothing.

So not sure it's a virus if shopping & DS are crediting?? Thoughts??? Help??!!
    Thanks
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Ok, I need help now too. I haven't gotten credit for any offers since 11/08. I can get shopping credits & DS...but nothing for offers.
    Did you get this worked out or are you still having problems? I'm having more issues then ever before and I was just wondering if you found any solutions.
    Sunshine Rewards