Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Vacationers

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Default 2008 Vacationers

Have you heard about the rumored changes to the DDP and what are your thoughts?

I'm not thrilled with the changes but I'll probably suck it up and get it anyway so I don't have to worry about the cost of each meal and how much we are spending. Sure I could pay OOP but I don't want to deal with charging to the room and getting sticker shock at the end or worse charging to the cc and not realizing how much we spent until much later. I do pretty well tracking my souvineer purchases on the cc but I see that it would be easy for us to not track so closely if we are having to add meals into the estimate each day with the cc.

I just hate the idea of having to now carry cash to cover the tip of the darn meal. At least its only the TS meals that will require a tip.
    Sunshine Rewards

When we go in '08 we will really have to think about if the DDP is still worth it. Tips on a TS meal really add up when you are paying for 6 people!

I can't imagine getting the deluxe plan though, maybe if it was just me and DH going then it would be nice.

It would have been better imo if they would have kept one appetizer per table on the regular ddp. Or something like that, not just taken off the apps and the tip too and only reduced the price by $1
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

I really hope the rumors are not true because the tips do add up & it kinda takes away the convicience for the guest, I think anyway. We always pay more than the automatic tip to bring it up to 20% but I'm sure it does suck for the servers.

Thankfully I have yet to notice any difference in service when we tell the server we are on the DDP. I have read many threads that people were given horrible service. We'll see what this year brings I suppose.

Any more rumors on when the 2008 rates will be out so we know for sure what's going on w/the DDP?
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I can deal without an appetizer. I can actually deal better without a dessert but oh well. What I hate is the no tip.

I thought about the deluxe plan until I added up the cost for our planned 2008trip. No way unless its free could I do the deluxe plan. $70 * 9 days = $630 *2 = $1,260. There is no way we'd ever eat that much in a week and 2 days!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh crud, I haven't been paying attention...it's more than then tip they want to change now?? I guess I have to make a stop over on the DIS today huh? Yeah, we go for 10 days so that would mighty pricey...

See we never had bad service last year either. The only bad service we had was due to either the place was very busy in general (H&V) or the server in general was having a bad day (50s PT).

I think the problem will be the servers will be getting stiffed more and more which will lead to unhappy servers. I know I'll do my best to guestimate my meals before we leave for the day and plan to tip according to my estimate but that will be hard since you don't know exactly what you will order until you get there.

I will be using my coupon holder for dining tips instead of coupons now. Better start putting away money for this.
    Sunshine Rewards

When we went in May on the dining plan we didn't have any bad service either. Everyone was really nice and helpful, even at the CS places.

Originally posted by MagicalJenK >Oh crud, I haven't been paying attention...it's more than then tip they want to change now?? I guess I have to make a stop over on the DIS today huh? Yeah, we go for 10 days so that would mighty pricey...
    Basically the changes are eliminating the appetizers from the TS meals, eliminating the tips, and price reduced by $1

And the addition of a deluxe ddp that has 3 meals a day and costs around $70 per day (it has other features but it won't ever be something we consider unless our income triples and I all of the sudden lose my frugality )
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    See we never had bad service last year either. The only bad service we had was due to either the place was very busy in general (H&V) or the server in general was having a bad day (50s PT).

I think the problem will be the servers will be getting stiffed more and more which will lead to unhappy servers. I know I'll do my best to guestimate my meals before we leave for the day and plan to tip according to my estimate but that will be hard since you don't know exactly what you will order until you get there.

I will be using my coupon holder for dining tips instead of coupons now. Better start putting away money for this.
    Someplace I read that they were hoping servers would now try a little harder, in order to get better tips than what the original DDP gave them, since it's more up to them and their service now. But who knows - we had very good service last year when we went also!! We'll have to get the calculator out to figure it's costs when the official plan comes out!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, I just read the allearsnet blog about the changes. Hmmm...here's my big complaint...I LOVE appetizers! If I could make a meal out of apps & desserts I would!! I wish instead of getting rid of them all together, perhaps they could say for every 2 people you get 1 app or 1 app for the table? I don't know...I will just miss my apps in the plan. Or maybe they could say your choice of app or dessert...that way it's just one or the other not both?? Like I said, I love my apps so this really bums me out & for sure I could pay OOP, but I don't know...this plan really makes me have to do a lot of math!! :0)

But I think I like my idea best....either your choice of app or dessert....I'd rather have apps most days anyway...dang....who do you think I could call to give my suggestion?? :0)

Ooh!! I don't like the sound of this at all...I could do with one appetizer for table too, but no tips??!! That will be a big pain! Not sure if we'll continue to do it, and I LOVE having our meals prepaid and not having to carry anything but a couple disney gift cards for souveniors. As a DDP lover this is a a real bummer...I had not read this on DIS either...guess I'll head over there tonight and catch up....
    *~Kimberly~*

Sunshine Rewards

Daughters, Son-In-Law, and Grandson = An Amazing Disney Experience!