Thread: I did it! I took the plunge...

Default I did it! I took the plunge...

I've booked my very first character meal, lol!

I've been to disney over 10 times as a child and this will be my 6th trip with my DH and kids and can you believe we've never done a sit-down meal.

So, I finally just booked a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. I tried for Chef Mickeys but it was booked. We leave in 10 days so I was lucky to get anything at this point.

The kids will be so excited. And now, I can proudly say that I will no longer be a disney dining virgin!
    Debbie

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh I've never been to that character meal. You will definetly have to do a review for it. I love character meals. They are just so much fun and relaxing. You will have a great time.

Who is at this meal?
    Sunshine Rewards

I think it is supposed to be Goofy, Pluto, Chip and Dale. We stayed at the beach club last year for four nights because I won a trip to disney through a sweepstakes I entered online. We soooo loved it, but it is way out of our budget so for now at least I can visit it for a meal, lol!

I'm really looking forward to it, although I hope this doesn't suck us into the expensive dining experience, lol! My family has always been content with counter service or mickey bars for meals! I just might be opening a great big huge can of worms with this one!
    Debbie

I'm assuming that I'll be able to park at the Beach Club while we eat? Any idea how long I can leave my car there for? I was thinking of hitting Epcot for a while after we eat be I'm wondering if I'd have to move my car to the epcot parking lot or whether I can just leave it at the beach club and walk over to epcot. Any idea?
    Debbie

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

You are going to have sooo much fun! I have been to WDW close to 20 times but never did a character meal until I had kids. Now, I wouldn't miss it, plus the food was great. We do breakfast at Chef Mickey the morning we leave for home. It is like a last visit with the big guy. Look down, that is my girls twirling their napkins at the last character breakfast.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I'm assuming that I'll be able to park at the Beach Club while we eat? Any idea how long I can leave my car there for? I was thinking of hitting Epcot for a while after we eat be I'm wondering if I'd have to move my car to the epcot parking lot or whether I can just leave it at the beach club and walk over to epcot. Any idea?
    I'm sure someone else can give you a more specific answer regarding Beach Club and parking, but here's my experience at other resort hotels:

You can drive to the resort hotel, tell them you have a reservation at the restaurant, then you can park there for 3 hours (I think it's limited to 3 hours ).

I don't think you could have the time to eat and do much at Epcot. You would likely be better off moving your car to Epcot after your meal.

HTH
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    You are going to have sooo much fun! I have been to WDW close to 20 times but never did a character meal until I had kids. Now, I wouldn't miss it, plus the food was great. We do breakfast at Chef Mickey the morning we leave for home. It is like a last visit with the big guy. Look down, that is my girls twirling their napkins at the last character breakfast.
    That's a great idea to do one as a last visit! I'll have to remember that for next time! We're hitting seaworld bright and early on our last day so that won't work this trip for us but that would be a great send-off for next time! I'm sure that the kids will love it the breakfast though! Now if I can just keep my big mouth shut about it, lol! I really want to surprise them with it. I always wanted to surprise them with a disney trip, but since we've gone every year it probably wouldn't be much of a surprise! Plus, I could never keep it in that long!

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    I'm sure someone else can give you a more specific answer regarding Beach Club and parking, but here's my experience at other resort hotels:

You can drive to the resort hotel, tell them you have a reservation at the restaurant, then you can park there for 3 hours (I think it's limited to 3 hours ).

I don't think you could have the time to eat and do much at Epcot. You would likely be better off moving your car to Epcot after your meal.

HTH
    Thanks - that's kind of what I thought. I only thought of stopping in at epcot since we'd be right there, but if we have to move the car anyway, I think I'll plan a pool day after our breakfast instead. I suppose we could take the bus instead of driving but I really hate relying on the bus, waiting for the bus, wondering if the bus will have room, getting the stroller on the bus, etc. Did I mention I don't like the bus, lol!
    Debbie

I hear you on your feelings about the bus. I feel the same way. We have a double stroller and a single stroller and it is such a hassle to fold everything up and lug them on the bus along with the kids. Getting around on the buses also seems to take forever especially if you are running behind on a reservation.

That is so cool that you won a trip to the beach club in the past. That would be awesome! We've stayed at Old Key West and Boardwalk and loved both of them.

If you do end up liking the character dining (and I know you will ), you should try the Ohana breakfast with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto at the Polynesian resort. We loved it. The food was really good and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
    (4) (3) (2)
    Us: "Where do you guys want to go for dinner tonight?"
    Kids: "Disney World"
    Sunshine Rewards

Debbie - 10 days!!!! YIPEEE!!!! You will have so much fun!

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards