Thread: I finally got to book my next vacation

Default I finally got to book my next vacation

I have been waiting patiently for 2 1/2 years to book my next Disney World Trip. We decided in 2006 that we would return summer 2009. Then I had to wait until 7 months out from when we wanted to travel to book the DVC room. So today I finally got to book a dedicated 2 bedroom at SSR for 6 nights June 21-27. Now to get the park tickets and then arrange the air travel. I am so excited because I have enough earned to pay for DDP, tips, and souveniers with Disney cards earned here and one other rewards site, have about 50% of the cost of tickets at mousesavers that I will cash out closer to the time we are going, and I have enough credits on the credit card to cover flights for the family of 5 so the trip will cost us maybe some for park tickets, and any groceries we have delivered to the villa out of pocket.

Still debating if we need Park Hoppers or not. Will see how much of the remaining money I can earn between now and roughly March unless I hear of a ticket increase which would cause me to make the decision sooner.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

That is AWESOME Pam! Isn't it the best feeling?? June 21st will be here before you know it! Better start thinking of those ADRs you want to make too! :0)
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

I get to do those between Christmas and New Years so now I have to figure out what park on what day especially if we decide not to do the Hopper tickets. Wish they would do the EMH charts for June.
    Sunshine Rewards

Congrats Pam! I am so excited for you. I can't wait til the day I can say that.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

If you want to be in a park one day, and eat at a resturant in another park, then I would say to get the hopper. Otherwise there are great resturants at other resorts and you are close to DTD.

We found a great food court at the Pepper Market at Coronado. You can easily share. The portions are huge, and you can see your food get made. Our bill was almost $50, and we found that we could of shared a margarita and the entre. So, then our meal would of been $25. I had a salad, which I couldn't finish, entre and a desert that I took along.

Resort food tends to be a lot better than park food.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's fantastic!

If I might share our experience from last June, we found we did not hop as much as we thought. We often ate dinner at the different resorts. I highly recommend Tour Guide Mike's website as great info as to which parks to go to which days.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

Congrats!
    I would think if you are there 6 days you might not need park hopper passes. That would give you enough days to do each park once plus a couple more twice.
    Sounds like you have really worked hard at getting so much free or discounted. Wish I had that much saved up for our trip! To get the flight free is awesome!
    Have fun!

We are going in January and taking advantage of the buy 4 get 3 days free at the hotels.

One of our favorite places to eat counter service was the Port Orleans food court. There was a large variety but our favorite was the build your own pasta. You picked your pasta, meat, veggies and sauce and they sauteed it right there. It was a ton of food and could be shared by two people.
    The magic cookie bars are great too!