Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (ended)Countdown contest : 21 days till Christmas

Default (ended)Countdown contest : 21 days till Christmas

During the holidays we cook and bake things that we don't normally make during the year. One of our favorite things is that special Holiday Cookie. Today, I want to know what your favorite Holiday cookie is, its one that either you make or someone else always makes for you but you only have this time of year.

Same rules apply. Contest ends at midnight. BTW, if you feel so inclined, so ahead and post the recipe too.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Not considered a true "homemade" cookie, but this is the only time of the year that I make chocolate dipped Oreos. We've never bought the ones at the store- always make them along with a handful of other chocolate dipped things. I send most of it to work with DH, but we certainly eat our share!!
    Sunshine Rewards

My favorite holiday cookies are gingerbread. They taste delicious and look so cute! I spend many hours decorating all the gingerbread boys and girls and making sure they are perfect and no two are alike. My family is always impressed with these cookies and comment on how they are too pretty to eat- but they do eat them!
    Robin

My sister makes these peppermint patty brownies at Christmastime that are to die for!! They really are like a heart attack in a pan, but they are SOOOooo good!

I'm easy and simple. I just like a warm sugar cookie. If its shaped, great, otherwise a few red and green sprinkles and I'm a happy camper.

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Are we limited to just one favorite??

LOVE the shortbread candy canes (I can make them & they're good)
    LOVE spritz cookies (my aunt makes those)
    LOVE frosted sugar cookies (my SIL makes those)

YUMMMMM can't wait!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Homemade Sugar Cookies! Yummy!
    Sunshine Rewards

spritz cookies- I make these with my girls.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

mine is not a cookie.........but it is what I make only at christmas time (no other time of year). It is called Tigers Butter......and it is a chocolate/peanutbutter/vanila swirl soft candy (fudge like, but so much more creamier)

EVeryone looks forward to it.........I had one year that I did not make it and I was nearly whipped and chained by my family and friends!! Oh so yummy...
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Wink

My Mom's best friend, whom I always called Auntie Helen even thou' she wasn't really my aunt used to make these to die for Candy Cane cookies. Oh I loved them soooo, couldn't wait to go over there on Christmas Eve and have some, and she always had a tin of them for me to bring home. A few years ago she shared her recipe with me too. She is now 85 and still makes them! They look similar to these...

And my MOM made killer Fudge, every year till a few years ago, she used to make pans and pans of it and chill it outside on the screened in porch (I got that recipe too)! I make Cashew Brittle every year which is really good too.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!