Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: (ended)Countdown contest : 21 days till Christmas

kxmeeh is offline ymca...wasn't one of them a potato farmer???

snowballs are great! they have to have the nuts in them and covered in that yummy powdered sugar. my second...my aunt marie's snickerdoodles. mmmmm, snickerdoodles.

I'm another one for simple decorated sugar cookies.
    Shake it like a Polaroid picture! Thanks, jfrog!

I am not a baker, or a cook for that matter. But my Mom makes 40 different kinds of Christmas Cookies every year, and makes up wonderful trays to give out as Christmas gifts - she's incredible!! So it's hard to pick a favorite - but she does have a brownie with chunks of peppermint patties in them that are fantastic!! Can't wait to get mt cookie plate!!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

Gee! Nearly all of the cookies our family makes at Christmas are only made at this time of year, so this is a tough choice.

Probably the most memorable is a an oatmael/brown sugar cookie similar to lace cookies but when they come out of the oven, you roll them up on a dowel rod or pencil (cursing the entire time because they are screaming hot!). When they cool and become hard, you dip one end into melted chocolate. The first time we made them, my very young (at the time) nephew called them "Reindeer Hooves." So they have now become a family tradition. It wouldn't be Christmas without them . . . or the burnt fingertips!
    Barb

My favorite cookie I make for the holidays is a Gooey Butter cookie (it's so easy!).

Although it isn't a cookie, my Grandma always made Struvoli an italian dessert. I try to make a batch every Christmas in honor of her. I have a great appreciation for the time she took to make these because it's time consuming and she would make tons to give away.

Angela

Photobucket

Ok, no more food ones from me, you guys have made me wayyyy to hungry.

The winner however is, post #64....Ladyjane98

Congrats. Open up a TT with your full name and address to claim your prize.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.