Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

American Diabetes Association

Diabetes runs in our families and has affected us so much.
    Sunshine Rewards

Right now it would be any local Houston-Galveston area Shelter. A lot of people don't realize how those affected by Hurricane Ike are still struggling and not receiving the help they need. Ike victims were forgotten about in the midst of the Presidental election and the Fallen Economy. Even those of us with insurance are still being affected. I'm thankful that we still have a livable home, but some are definitely less fortunate than us and lost everything! They still haven't found or recovered over 300 missing people/bodies. For the longest they weren't even looking for them.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

This is easy for me. I have two three issues that are near and dear to my heart. First, I'd give 1/3rd to the local Soup Kitchen. 2nd, I'd donate 1/3rd to the hospital I work at to benefit the children having surgery. 3rd, I'd give the final 3rd to the local Humane Society from which we adopted our furbaby, Scarlet O'Hairy, this past May.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I would have to divide it as well..

Alzheimer's Association - this is a very sad disease; you loose your loved one twice. I work with dementia patients everyday and it is heart breaking.
    Local Council of Churches - they provide whatever is needed to those in need; food, clothes, rent, heat, etc.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

I would Donate it to St Jude. My 9 Year Old Daughter had Melanomia on her Scalp they got it all but it was the scariest time of my life. St Jude is such a good Charity and they never turn any one away even if they dont have insurance.

Default day 14

I would have to split it between the Humane society and Make A Wish Foundation. I am a paramedic and see so many little ones that are so sick and I know what good Make A Wish does really puts a smile on their faces but I also have a big place in my heart for neglected and abused animals. I don't understand how anyone could hurt an animal. Lynn
    ha

I would donate to Alzheimer's research and to the Baldwin Center in memory of my grandfather who passed away in October.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

I would give it to the Salvation Army. There was a time many years ago when I was in need. I'll never forget the box of food that they brought us! It was better than any other Christmas gift. Thinking about it still brings tears to my eyes.

Merry Christmas!!!!

I would donate it to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Tx for cancer research. Several friends and family members have been treated there.
    Shake it like a Polaroid picture! Thanks, jfrog!

This is really a tough question for me...there are so many that I would love to have the means to support!!!

I think I would split it between two organizations:

1. the Arctic Mission-a local organization that helps the needy in a really neat way...and I know several people involved.

2. Compassion International...this is an organization we already support, but I would love to be able to do more...it is incredible how much $500 can do in a third world country to improve the lives of children who literally have nothing!
    Sunshine Rewards