Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

Oh my, I'd have a hard time just giving it to one! I know I would want to donate some local tho, and we have a Crossroads homeless shelter as well, so probably I would give half to that. And perhaps the other half to cancer research, maybe St Jude's.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

I would donate it to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. My BIL was diagnosed about a year ago with leukemia, my daughter's teacher (28 years old) has been fighting it for a few years now and unfortunately has been out sick all year (hoping to come back in January), and my neighbor/good friend when I was growing up died of leukemia when he was only in 5th grade. So, it is a cause that is near to my heart.
    Debbie

I would donate the money to our local Humane Society. I am a huge animal lover and I know they need to money to save all of the innocent animals lives.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would donate to World Vision www.worldvision.org or www.one.org - probably split it 50/50.

Both of these organizations address worldwide poverty, hunger and the global AIDS crisis. As Bono says "why should whether we live or die be determined by an error of longitude and latitude?" Amen!

I would donate it to the Children's Hospital here in Pittsburgh. My son spent 14 days in the NICU there after he was born and they were so wonderful to us.
    Lisa

Sunshine Rewards

wow i personally find that a hard one.

i think i would have to split it up in some way and give some to our local animal shelter and then give some to a hospital for preemies.

my reasons being that i love animals and they just can't take care of themselves, and my son was a preemie so i know first hand what that means.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

My mother-in-law founded a nonprofit child development center that is truly amazing. It goes way beyond daycare with parent support programs, services for handicapped kids, etc. Although she raised almost $6 million to open the original site (it now has three), she wouldn't allow it to named for her. The scholarship program, however, is named for her, so that's where my $1,000 would go in memory of this amazing woman whom I loved very much.

Scholarship America
    I believe that helping our children get an education is a very worthwhile use of money.

?Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime??Author unknown

I would have to donate half to the leukemia society. My uncle has lived with it for many years and it took my young neice when she was only 2.
    The other half would go to a Christian homeless shelter in Nashville where I unfortunately had to live for a brief time in my younger days.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would donate the money to St. Jude's Children's Hospital. They really care about children and do wonderful work with their research.