Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: (ended) Countdown Contest: 11 Days Till Christmas

Default (ended) Countdown Contest: 11 Days Till Christmas

By now everyone has their house decorated for the holidays. There is one ornament or special Christmas decoration that means something very special to you. Tell us what that ornament is and why it is so special.

contest runs till midnight, same rules apply
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I still have my first ornament from when I was a baby. It is supposed to be a mouse holding a candle, it is absolutely hideous and yet it has to go on my tree every year
    Sunshine Rewards

We have our first child's Christmas stocking that we put out every year. We've since turned it into a card holder and we have every card we've collected over the last 20+ years in there. Every year we go back and read some of the Christmas wishes. A lot of the senders are deceased, so it's a very emotional and heartfelt tradion.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

My Christmas tree is full of ornaments I collect during my travels, so it is hard to pick just one. As I put up each ornament, I have flash-backs to where I bought it. Looking over my tree, I have two favorites. One is a glass teardrop with different Nativity scenes around it. There is a hole in the back to insert one of the tree lights into it for illumination. I got this one in a little gift shop outside of Notre Dame Cathedral in Montreal.

The other one is a handpainted teardrop ornament I got from the Delft factory in Holland. Naturally, one of the things painted on it is a windmill.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Mine are a series of ornaments. The kids get to decorate the tree for the most part then I save a few special for last.
    I have one precious moment for the year that they were born. When I pull it out we talk a little about their very first Christmas then they hang it on the tree. Then the preschool that they all went/going to make really nice cute ornaments for us each year. There is something from the kids whether it's a fingerprint, picture etc. We then talk a little about that particular year before they hang it on the tree. I really enjoy hanging those ornaments up bc it gives me time to remember what they were like at that age/stage and they like hearing about it and usually learn something new each time.
    Sunshine Rewards

jo93 is offline Soaking Up the Sunshine

My favorite is an ornament that says, "Our First Christmas Together". It has a picture of my husband and I in it from our wedding. It's special to me because it reminds me of our wedding.

I have a Little Drummer Boy drum set ornament that I got when I was a baby. It's falling apart but it's still special.
    Sunshine Rewards

Not one in particular - but the ornaments I made when the kids were really little. I have ones made using their hand and footprints, and the pictures of them I put in baby food jar lids I painted green, glued to juice lids, glued to felt w/sprinkles, laminated and then put on colored beads, etc. They are so tacky yet so sentimental, LOL.

My favorite is the stuffed fabric nativity set that my grandma sewed for my son. When he was a toddler he always wanted to play with my good nativity set so grandma made him one of his own. He's 14 now but is still in charge of that nativity.
    Robin

Talking

I have a ton of AnnaLee ornaments and decorations up...most were my Mom's. They are all dated with a tag and some of mine are from the 60's. They are made in New Hampshire, cute hand painted little faces. I'm sure Sunni knows of these. One of my favorites is a 3 inch Santa sitting in a boat fishing, I had gotten for my other half the Christmas before he passed away.
    They are just adorable and bring such joy to my DD's and my holidays.

Last edited by Pooh's Pal; 12-13-2008 at 06:13 PM.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!