Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (ended) Countdown Contest: 11 Days Till Christmas

After my grandmother passed away, we found a whole bunch of ornaments that she made. She was always making different crafts and stuff for everyone and I always loved receiving them. I have several now on our tree and around the house. They always make me smile when I see them
    Sunshine Rewards

Oh my there are so many that have been handed down but I would have to say that the one that is fought over every year to put up is "IN MEMORY OF". It has a picture of my mom in it. She passed away 3 years ago, at the age of 51. I had an ornament made with a saying on it and I placed a picture of her in it. The kids make sure that it is in the middle front of the tree, they said that way Grandma gets to watch over them at Christmas.

Sunshine Rewards

My favorite would have to be the bride and groom Minne and Mickey ornament we got on our honeymoon in WDW. It reminds me of the great time we had as newlyweds!
    Sunshine Rewards

Mine is our "First Christmas" ornament. It's the first ornament we ever got and it is always the first one to go on the tree!
    Sunshine Rewards

Me and my dh have been married for 27 years.
    We got married in August.
    We didn't have any money when we got married. Soon after our wedding my dh got laid off, but we still survived.
    I had to work on Christmas Eve day till 4:30.
    We had a tree but no decorations.
    I remember walking past a Woolworth Store and saw some red ornaments for a dollar.
    I had a dollar in my pocket because I didn't have to buy lunch that day. Everyone bought something in.
    So I went in and bought those 12 red small bulb ornaments.
    So those bulbs hold a special place on our tree every year.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I love the cinnamon photo ornament my DD8 made when she was in kindergarten. It reminds me of when she was younger.(although it was only 2 years ago!!)
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

It is a cross between Grace's first Christmas ornament (I waited 40 yrs to be able to hang that one) and a glass, snow covered Christmas bell that I quit hanging the year after I hung Grace's first ornament. The Christmas bell dates back to when I was very tiny (I think my mom said she bought that particular box of ornaments at Sears, when I was one). I love it, my mom had two. My sister has the other. I quit hanging it because during Grace's 2nd Christmas, she nearly pulled the tree over. I nearly had a heart attack. I still don't know if I was scared for my baby or my ornament. I thought I would hang it, again, when the girls got older. But, Cookie thinks the tree is his personal nest. So, ah, no.

I have 3 favorite ornaments - one of each child's baby picture for their first Christmas !!
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

My favorite ornaments are the ones my children made in elementary school!! I guess my very favorite one is the one my DS made that is a circle with his picture in the middle and covered in small puzzle pieces painted green around it. He was a snaggle-tooth!!!! These ornaments are always on the front of the tree!

A vintage bell shaped ornament. I don't know why - I just love that ornament.
    Sunshine Rewards