Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: (ended) Countdown Contest: 2 Days Until Christmas

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Wake up without an alarm, open the stocking, have something to eat, then open presents. Pretty low key.
    Sunshine Rewards

The kids will wake us up early so they can see what Santa brought them. Then I will make a nice breakfast (pancakes, bacon and eggs). The kids will play for a while and watch the Disney Christmas parade. Then in the afternoon we will head to West Virginia to visit my parents for a few days.
    Lisa

Sunshine Rewards

Get up open presents and the father in law shows up to tape, mother-in-law stays home to cook. And then we hurry up and get ready to go to the in laws for lunch. After there home for an hour then to my aunts house. Then when we get home everyone crashes early from all of the running...

Sunshine Rewards

We will wake up when Eamon wakes, and I think right now I'll just send him into the living room to snag the presents from my stepdad and his wife. We opened the other gifts on Yule, but stepdad celebrates Christmas so we'll open his gifts on that day. Since it's such a small offering, E can run in, get those, and open them all snuggly in the family bed.
    Sunshine Rewards

We open all our gifts and celebrate with my family Christmas Eve. So Christmas morning we sleep in, have a big breakfast, watch the disney parade and just relax. Around 4 pm we head across the road to my inlaws to celebrate with them.
    Robin

Christmas morning we won't do much Ours will be Saturday when our girls and their families get in from St Louis, Mo. and Clarks Summit, Pa. Then we will enjoy the 4 granddaughters opening their gifts I cannot wait.

The kids each have a monogrammed fabric Santa basket that hangs on their bedroom doors. They'll wake up, see surprises in their baskets and come cuddle up in our bed. We'll spend a little quiet, reflective time there, opening their treats until we're all ready to head down stairs. Then, with lots of cookies and coffee, they'll "tear into it" while watching the Tin Soldiers march in the Disney parade! I love them and a day where you can have nothing but cookies for breakfast and it's OK! Then, get dressed and out the door for lots of visiting with family and more food.
    Sunshine Rewards

We will actually have 2 Christmas mornings this year. Because DD will be with her father, we will get up Christmas Eve morning just like it is Christmas, do the gifts, then have breakfast at our house with my mom and aunt. Then on Christmas morning we will go to my uncle's house for breakfast. Every year my uncle has breakfast for my grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and now their children.

We will wake up and put a breakfast casserole in that my husband HAS to have Christmas morning. Then we will open our stockings then presents. Then we will eat cinnamon rolls and the casserole. About that time my family will be here and we will go through stockings and gifts again! Later we will have a ham dinner and make gingerbread houses with the kids. I love Christmas!

O, need to add that we make a chocolate cake and do Jesus' birthday. I want the kids to know why we have such an amazing day!
    Last edited by wilsonfamily4; 12-23-2008 at 05:23 PM.
    <Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

DH and I are going to stay overnight at DD's house Christmas Eve so we'll be able to watch the shining faces of two of our Granddaughters as they hurry down to see what Santa brought them. After all the presents are opened, my DD has breakfast. Later on, my other DD will join us with her family, including another Granddaughter. We'll exchange presents with them, then have dinner. Since the DD (jl8595) is the cook extraordinaire this year, I'll save the food details for her.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards