Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: (ended) Countdown Contest: 2 Days Until Christmas

Since there are no young ones... We get a late start. I always get up and have coffee, shower and watch the WDW Parade on TV. When everyone is up and about, we gather and sort through the gift pile. (By this time it is me and DD, my brother, parents and grandmother.) We take turn opening gifts, much to my bother's disgust, and it can take hours! We munch on very unhealthy sweet rolls we make with Riches rolls and pudding mix - yummy! The paper gets thrown in balls on the floors for the cats to play with and pictures are taken as everyone unwraps.
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

DH & I get up around 9, open our gifts to each other and have our tradtional Christmas breakfast of crossaints, tea, jam, bacon and fruit. We then hang around until noon and 'play with out toys'.

After noon it's time to get ready for company coming at 6. Prepare the food, set out the dishes. We really enjoy this time.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

My husband and I, along with his mom and my parents all stay at my house on Christmas Eve and we also open all our presents on Christmas Eve, so we will sleep in a little on Christmas Day, but we have to be sure that we our up to see the Disney Christmas Parade!!
    Sunshine Rewards

My DD usually excitedly gets into bed with me around 5 a.m. telling me "he came he came" We both get up freshen up get breakfast together and wake up DS around 7 and open gifts while we eat.
    Sunshine Rewards

Cleaning up the mess the kids make and putting together all their toys
    Sunshine Rewards

we usually go to my parents christmas eve, so christmas morning is nice and relaxing. we usually put on that tv station that has the fireplace and christmas music, the kids open their presents, and then we'll watch a christmas movie.
    then i'm off to the kitchen to slave away all afternoon making christmas dinner, while everyone else just relaxes on the couch. lol.

This Christmas I will wake the kids up really early and let them open their gifts. Then its time to drop them off with my grandparents for the day. Then for me its off to work, have to be there at 7am. A job in EMS never closes not even for the holidays so somebody has to be there.

The girls usually wake me up pretty early (even though our Christmas Eve is very busy) and I will put on some homemade cinnamon buns. While the buns are baking we have some hot cocoa and open our stockings first! I also think this year I am going to do a french toast bake (girls usually love this and it is a quick one dish meal). We put on some nice christmas music and the fun begins. Since Santa only wraps a few presents they can pretty much see what they are getting but have fun pointing out which gift is for them or sister.

I am also hosting my family for dinner so I will need to get the pork loin in the oven by noon. I decided a few years ago that i would like to always cook christmas dinner.........I hate tearing the girls away from their new stuff.....and I can really enjoy how happy they are with all that Santa brought them.

Once everyone leaves that night, I will call my best friend Noelle and we will plan our next days adventure............AFter christmas shopping......we have done this for years (she is my friend from high school) and have so much fun...and the lunch is the best part that day.........no cleaning up or having to cut someones food!!!!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Christmas morning starts early with the kids checking to see what Santa brought. Then it's over to the inlaws for breakfast and more gifts. Then I'm busy in the kitchen helping prepare the big dinner. And finally back home where we can relax and play with the new toys.

I too would like more tradition and meaning instead of gifts, gifts, gifts and work, work, work in the kitchen. I don't think it will change though as long as I have inlaws lol.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am the first one to wake up on Christmas morning, and I will get breakfast ready. Cinnamon rolls, ham slices, and scrambled eggs. Then I will start to wake up the family. The kids will come up the stairs all excited with big smiles on their faces while I still try to wake up their sleepy daddy. Once we open all of the presents and stockings, I know that the kids will want to play with them, but they will have to wait until after breakfast .