Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disney Booking Dining Sept...

Default Disney Booking Dining Sept...

Hello!

We are set to book Disney for September 2009. We are really really hoping for Free Dining just like they have done in the past for September.

Here is my question.... when I book now, do I ask them to put the dining now, so when I call back when the promo comes out they just have to apply the promotion. OR, do I NOT say I want dining now and have them take care of it when the promo comes out.

Make sense?

Also - going to open a Disney Visa Card - sounds like there are some perks (like promos available a few days earlier etc)....

Thanks!
    Mindy

If you are sure you want to go in Sept, I would go ahead and book now. If they do offer free dining, you can just call and have them add the code to your reservation. Just make sure you call and make your adr's right at your 90 mark, to be sure you get the ones you want!

I have a Disney Visa and I love it. They did offer free dining earlier last year to Disney Visa holders. We also got free dining when we went in Dec. There are all kinds of great perks.
    Claudia

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the response!

I just applied for a Disney Visa Card.. Sounds like a good deal. Can I go ahead and book the trip today - even without the Disney Visa Card in my hand?? I do not need to put the deposit or the trip down on that card - right? And can still take advantage of the discount perks - like dining opening up earlier etc ?

Thanks....

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

If you book now, regardless if you book dining plan now or not, they will actually have to re-book your ressie when/if free dining is announced. They won't just add the free dining code to your existing ressie as there are only so many rooms at each discount available & sometimes your ressie may need to change.

For example, one year we had a king bed room at POFQ w/the dining plan, free dining was offered, but we couldn't get the king bed at POFQ any more, we had to move to CSR or take a regular room at POFQ...and I called on the first day. Not the end of the world, but still a bummer. And another year, free dining was offered, we were able to get our same room/resort w/the free dining.

As for getting the free dining w/the Disney Visa...I believe the deposit does need to be on the Disney Visa, otherwise how would they be able to verify you are a Disney Visa holder. Perhaps an additional payment can be put on the card, but I'm not sure. What they could do though, is say you book it now, put the $200 deposit down on another card, free dining is announced, you're now a Disney Visa holder, so you call right away & they re-book you for the free dining & then put another $200 towards your trip & move your original deposit over too. So now you have $400 towards your trip paid. Again, not exactly sure how that would work but I'm guessing you'd have to make some sort of payment on the Disney Visa.

Personally, if you KNOW you're going to go regardless if free dining is announced or not, I'd book. If you are goingly only if they offer free dining, I say just wait until it's announced. If you go to the disboards there are threads upon threads about people asking the same thing as you & many over there get really upset if people are "holding" rooms just in hopes of free dining! Which of course is not the case.

Anyway, I'll be there in September too & I love going that time of year!! Have a great trip & fingers crossed & pixie dust for free dining!!
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by MindyMouse View Post
    Thanks for the response!

And can still take advantage of the discount perks - like dining opening up earlier etc ?

Thanks....
    I haven't heard anything about dining opening up earlier, last I heard is 90 day window to make ADRs...

Grr....I know I was so excited to book bb for free dining, thinking I would be able to make my adr's before they even announced the free dining promo. Oh well, looks like I will be setting my alarm to book at 90 days. But hey, free dining without the perfect adr's is STILL free dining!

When we booked in for Dec, we had a trip booked and then I had to make just one payment with my Disney Visa to use the free dining code. So you only have to use it if the offer is for Disney Visa holders only.
    Claudia

Quote Originally Posted by Love2Shop View Post
    Grr....I know I was so excited to book bb for free dining, thinking I would be able to make my adr's before they even announced the free dining promo. Oh well, looks like I will be setting my alarm to book at 90 days. But hey, free dining without the perfect adr's is STILL free dining!
    But don't you think you'll still get your perfect ADRs at 90 days? Afterall, everyone else will be in the same boat?? That's my thinking anyway...maybe I'm way off & not thinking about something right??

Hmm, I hadn't really though about that. I actually think the 90 day window is more fair to everyone, because who really wants to make ressies for dinner at six months out? I always end up changing my mind about our plans anyway and then have to call and change my adr's...again.

We have actually been lucky with adr's, I might have had to keep calling, but eventually I got what we wanted-or close to it. I might just be stressing for nothing because we booked the latest that the bb dates allowed at the time, we were hoping to be there for F&W. I know last year the free dining promo ended well before F&W. We will see when (and if) they announce free dining.
    Claudia

THanks!!

I called Disney. They said I can go ahead and book now. Put on any of my credit cards. Then in 2 weeks when the Disney Visa comes - they can refund my first credit card and re-put the 200 deposit on my new DIsney VIsa Card.

Either way - we are going in September. Want to go the 9th to 16th. I am told the crowds are next to nothing - do you agree? Plus a lot cheaper then!

The first day (Wed. the 9th) will just be an arrival day and visit Downtown Disney. Planning on staying at POFQ.

Already thinking about places we want to eat. It is only a family of 3 - so hoping we still get the dining choices we want - especially the character dining ones. DD (age 4) really wants breakfast at Cinderella's Castle and I want Chef Mickey. Then want to eat in Canada (hear the steaks are awesome) and at Italy. Those are the big ones we want....

Thanks again!
    Mindy

We went Sept 7-13 last year and loved it. Yes it is hot and probably will rain but it wasn't very crowded. If the Halloween Party is going on that early, I highly recommend going. We definitely want to do that again this year.

I think to eat at the castle (CRT) you can book at 180 days. I would check the DISboards to be sure. I know it is 2 table service credits and if you don't already have the dining plan booked they may charge your credit card for the meal in advance. Also, definitely look into taking your dd to the Bibbity Boppity Boutique, if she is into princesses then she will love it. You can get a dress somewhere else and save a little $$. It's right in the castle you could go before breakfast.

There is also a princess meal at Akershus in Norway that we love and it's only 1 table service credit on the dining plan. The food is good and the interaction with the princesses is great.

Happy planning!
    Last edited by Love2Shop; 01-13-2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Claudia