Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2009's 40% off code

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    ETA: I think they are just sending these out randomly because we are not AP holders, nor DVC owners. Never had either one.
    We got one, too. I would love to go, this year but I just can't justify it. We just went 6-7 months ago and weren't planning on going for another yr or two and then the economy took a nose dive. As a nurse, my job should be pretty secure, but we could really use a new car and that is probably the wisest move. Wow, I sound like someone's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    Wow, I sound like someone's mom.
    Sometimes it really stinks being a responsible grown-up.
    Debbie

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by arob414 View Post
    We got one, too. I would love to go, this year but I just can't justify it. We just went 6-7 months ago and weren't planning on going for another yr or two and then the economy took a nose dive. As a nurse, my job should be pretty secure, but we could really use a new car and that is probably the wisest move. Wow, I sound like someone's mom.
    We may be in the same boat. DH's nissan is 10 yrs old but still in good condition and just went over 100K, my soon to be 6 yr old Grand Caravan has 81K on it bc we drive it everywhere since it holds the 5 of us. Hockey takes us 200 miles RT sometimes. We liked only having one car payment and don't anticipate needing a car in the very near future but know we'll need to probably replace both within a few years of each other. We're talking about saving some extra $$ now for a at least one down payment. You just never know with the mileage on mine and the years on DH's when one (knock on wood) could go on you.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    Sometimes it really stinks being a responsible grown-up.
    I agree!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    We may be in the same boat. DH's nissan is 10 yrs old but still in good condition and just went over 100K, my soon to be 6 yr old Grand Caravan has 81K on it bc we drive it everywhere since it holds the 5 of us. Hockey takes us 200 miles RT sometimes. We liked only having one car payment and don't anticipate needing a car in the very near future but know we'll need to probably replace both within a few years of each other. We're talking about saving some extra $$ now for a at least one down payment. You just never know with the mileage on mine and the years on DH's when one (knock on wood) could go on you.
    Our car is 11 yrs old but only has 62,000, we live in town and since I drive a Camry, it just isn't big enough for vacation so we rent or fly. The problem with my car is that it is beginning to fall apart (cosmetically) plus Grace will be 14 this yr and will be needing a car in 3 yrs (I am going to let her drive to school, her Sr yr.) I want my car paid for before I need to get her one. Good news is that I have seen some crossovers with low mileage (thru Carmax - can we get a deal thru SR, ya think? ) and only a couple yrs old for $12-$14000. I have quite a bit I can put down so car payment shouldn't be bad at all. THEN, once that it is settled, I can start thinking about Disney, again, but for next year.

Congrats to all who are using the code. The rest of us will live vicariously thru you.

I got a code too (well DH did?) so we booked a trip!!! We will be there Nov 29-Dec 6 to see all of the lovely Christmas festivities. I want to stay at the Grand Floridian and DH wants to stay at the Contemporary, so we might switch hotels, but who cares -- we are going to WDW!
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Princess View Post
    I got a code too (well DH did?) so we booked a trip!!! We will be there Nov 29-Dec 6 to see all of the lovely Christmas festivities. I want to stay at the Grand Floridian and DH wants to stay at the Contemporary, so we might switch hotels, but who cares -- we are going to WDW!
    Awesome!! Congrats!!

I booked last night....split stay Poly-Garden View CLUB LEVEL (omgican'tbelieveibookedclublevel) & then WL-Woods View. As most of you know, I love to surprise DH w/something while at Disney (or a trip there for that matter), so I'm really thinking I'll continue to let him think we're staying POFQ (our fave) & then when we arrive he'll find out it is our Dream Resorts Trip!! THAT will be a surprise...but then to have CL...wow! We're going to be so spoiled!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Awesome!! Congrats!!

I booked last night....split stay Poly-Garden View CLUB LEVEL (omgican'tbelieveibookedclublevel) & then WL-Woods View. As most of you know, I love to surprise DH w/something while at Disney (or a trip there for that matter), so I'm really thinking I'll continue to let him think we're staying POFQ (our fave) & then when we arrive he'll find out it is our Dream Resorts Trip!! THAT will be a surprise...but then to have CL...wow! We're going to be so spoiled!!
    Now THAT'S the way to do it! What an anniversary trip that'll be.

I saw your other post about what to expect and I remembered a disboard podcast review of Concierge Level rooms - I looked in their archives and it was the August 6 show. Didn't know if you had listened to it but just thought I'd pass it along FWIW.
    Sunshine Rewards