Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

Default Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

I was just looking through the Sunshine Scratch Off stats and noticed that there are people playing every day who do NOTHING else on Sunshine Rewards. For years they have essentially come in every day to play the scratch off and then cashed out when they hit $20. To me, I think that is unfair to those of you who do surveys, offers, shopping, etc. and then get locked out.

I don't want to make it a Super Member only perk, but I wanted to throw it out there to see what the rest of you think. Is there a better way to do it so that people who are truly loyal to SR get to play the free games for money?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I would hate to see it become a supermember only thing, but I understand what you're saying too. Would it be possible to only make it available once a survey or offer is completed for the day? I don't know if that is even possible to work out for SunshineGuy. Just a thought...
    Debbie

hmm....you got me thinking. what about only making it available if you have x number of crediting transactions in the last 24 hours (or 48 hours or a week, etc). All crediting transactions would count regardless of amounts (shopping, offers, clicks, surveys, etc) but you have to have a certain number of transactions in a defined window of time...

hmm.

thoughts?

I'm not sure what I think abt basing it on a daily transaction. I'm always trying for a survey every day, but this month, I haven't been able to get one at all sometimes - nor do I do offers every day, either. Or shopping either! So even tho I visit SR/forums for multiple reasons every day, I don't always have a transaction for every single day .(- tho I think I probly do for most days!) So to me it seems it would be more fair to base a system like that on having at least 2-5 other transactions over a week's time. Just my 2 cents.
    And really, how silly - just do ONLY that one thing and wait for months/years to get 20$!!Why not do more and get more?!?!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Could you tie it into the forum like the games on the forum. It would seem to me that the ones just coming to do the scratch off probably are not forum members. I am not sure about X in the last 24 hours just because some days no matter how hard you try you can't get anything to credit. But if you made it that you had to post something to the forum in the last 24 hours that would be easier to do and it would bring the extra bonus of getting more people involved in the forum so they just might discover how to do the other things. I would think it would take a very long time to earn $20 just by doing the scratch off because even if you managed to get the .03 every single day it would take almost 2 years (666 days)
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    Could you tie it into the forum like the games on the forum. It would seem to me that the ones just coming to do the scratch off probably are not forum members. I am not sure about X in the last 24 hours just because some days no matter how hard you try you can't get anything to credit. But if you made it that you had to post something to the forum in the last 24 hours that would be easier to do and it would bring the extra bonus of getting more people involved in the forum so they just might discover how to do the other things. I would think it would take a very long time to earn $20 just by doing the scratch off because even if you managed to get the .03 every single day it would take almost 2 years (666 days)
    I did think abt tying into the forums, too - but then I thot that there are probly some people who just aren't so into posting altho they do lots of other stuff. But one post a day wouldn't be so hard/bad I don't think!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    I did think abt tying into the forums, too - but then I thot that there are probly some people who just aren't so into posting altho they do lots of other stuff. But one post a day wouldn't be so hard/bad I don't think!
    We have that rule in place about the one post a day and it turns out that some people post nothing but the "game" posts like word association and finish the sentence and stuff to play the arcade games. So they don't actually add anything meaningful to the forum either.

On the SR end, we are paying out the money for the scratch off every day no matter who plays. But it just seems to me like there has to be a better way to reward people who actually participate in SR than what we are doing right now.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

If you tie it to offers and surveys there would be plenty of days I could not play. I try something every day but some days don't get a credit.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

Hmmm.........I totally see your point. It's ashame, with the huge number of SR members, you only see so many active members on here. I definitely feel that SM's should have access to it as they have proved being active just by attainment of that status. As to how to include non-SM's, perhaps the opportunity could be tied to their previous month/quarterly performance. A value of $XX.XX could be set that they must meet monthly/quarterly to have access to the scratch-off. Just as an example, a non-SM might have to have $5.00 worth of activity monthly/ $15 monthly.

I'm not sure whether or not it should be tied to posting on the forum. Not everyone has a comfort level with that. However, if they are doing surveys, shopping and/or paid offers, they ARE contributing to SR.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm not sure how many members SR has that are not supermembers, so I don't know how many people are getting shut out each day. I'm not crazy about the certain number of transactions per day idea - sometimes things don't credit on the weekend (like surveys), and some days I log in to SR, do the scratch off and paid clicks, try to qualify for a survey or two but don't get any, and that's all my time for the day. Another time frame, like a week or month, might be better.

I have no concept of how much money is paid out through scratch off and how big a deal it is. I wouldn't make it a SM only perk (although I like not getting shut out since I am a SM).

My first thought was to have it tied to a certain earnings level (like SM but smaller) - maybe based on the previous month or quarter? That's kind of like making it a SM perk, but it doesn't eliminate active members who just can't do $100 a quarter. That might be a nightmare to implement, though. Another idea might be to have a smaller number of tickets available to everyone, then offer scratch-off to other members based on transaction amount, earnings, etc.

I think the paid clicks and scratch offs are good to encourage new members, so I'd be wary of eliminating the scratch off. When I first started SR, I probably did just the paid clicks and scratch offs for a while until I figured out how to make money. You can probably tell how new members are using the site, so that might not apply to everyone.

Even when I was not a SM, I didn't think it was unfair to get locked out if I didn't log in early enough. To me, it is a fun game that might get me a penny or two - I make my money on SR other ways. Keeping the scratch off available keeps people coming to the site, and a certain percentage of them will try to do an offer or survey or will make a purchase. The more people that come to SR everyday, the better the chances that they will do something else on the site.

Once again, I don't know how many people are only doing scratch off and how big a deal it is to you financially. If there are only a few people who only do scratch-off compared to the new members who eventually find ways to make money, I'd consider it a minor annoyance and not worry too much about it. If you think it is really affecting SR's viability, then that is another thing entirely. Scratch-off is a draw to people who haven't learned to do anything else yet (and it is fun for the rest of us) - it wouldn't be good long-term to have people stop coming because they haven't figured out the site yet and the few ways that they know to make money are not available to them anymore.

I'm not sure this actually makes any sense now that I have typed it!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards