Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    This is actually something that we have been working in to the new member emails. I think they get .05 now for setting up a sunshine saver plus .05 for joining the forum. We're also changing the sign up process to allow for X for people to complete their demographic information. Angie talked to some folks about that last week. So most people will get like 2.25 or 2.50 when they sign up just for trying things out.

I'd love to find a way to entice people to watch the videos more.
    I did notice on the "edit your account" page that things were added to fill out....what does filling out this (more personal) information do to help you or me for that matter? I don't mind filling it out, I was just curious as to why you would need this info?

I don't need to be paid for watching new videos, I love watching the new ones when they are put up ...but maybe sending out an email with .01 to watch would help...getting paid only AFTER the whole video is watched, if that's even possible to do?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I did notice on the "edit your account" page that things were added to fill out....what does filling out this (more personal) information do to help you or me for that matter? I don't mind filling it out, I was just curious as to why you would need this info?

Now that we are working with another survey company (the one that we got the "moms over 40 with kids 6-12 who eat candy" survey from), they want to know if we can target certain demographics really quickly. If we know you are a member of that group, we can email you for the quick turn-around surveys.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Cool I added my latest info.
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Now that we are working with another survey company (the one that we got the "moms over 40 with kids 6-12 who eat candy" survey from), they want to know if we can target certain demographics really quickly. If we know you are a member of that group, we can email you for the quick turn-around surveys.
    ah ok, thanks!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Default Thoughts on Sunshine Scratch Off?

Hmmm....I try both the scratch off and paid clicks every day in addition to trying offers and surveys. Sometimes I can't get anything to credit and sometimes I'm on a roll. I haven't been able to get a survey in weeks, Greenfield or OTX, but have done well on offers I appreciate the "pennies" I get from the scratch off and paid clicks when I can get them. So, that is a quandry as to setting rules for the scratch off...I post in the forum when I can, but with my work schedule, posting is always if I can fit it in after getting home after a 10-12 hour work day and taking care of business at home and getting on Sunshine Rewards. I would hate to see the scratch off disappear or be restricted for me....those pennies count-especially at the end of the quarter!

Two is opportunity. For some people, the surveys ARE hard to get for some reason. Hopefully the Second Chance Sweeps is going to help with that. It will at least give people a reason to participate, even if they get kicked out.
    Along with surveys being hard to get, I think the message that comes up when you don't qualify the first time is rather misleading. It tells the person to try again tomorrow ---- which isn't really the case. Sometimes I try right away again and end up getting and completing a survey. Other times I try back a little later and there are more options. I know that I believed that message in the beginning - I truly thought that if I didn't qualify the first time, that was my one and only chance for the day. Maybe it would help others if the message said try again instead of come back tomorrow.

Just another idea.
    Sunshine Rewards

Okay, I've read most of the posts and some brought up some great thoughts and suggestions. Maybe some of those that only do the SO and cashout do so because they first want to see if SR is a legimate rewards site before they get too involve. At least that was the case for me. I didn't do much of anything until I earned enough to cash out for the first time and actually received my gift card from SR. Now, I'm totally committed and love SR. I participate in every aspect of SR as possible.

With that being said, hopefully, now those that have cashed out once by earning only through SO will now know that SR is legitimate and will invest more of their time.
    Sunshine Rewards

I just talked to SG and we are leaning toward randomizing what time the scratch off starts fresh every day. That accomplishes a couple of goals:

1) takes away any time zone benefit that some people are getting now
    2) helps people who cannot log in from work during the day
    3) encourages people to visit SR more often than just midnight Eastern

Then in combination with that we will do some education on how to make the most of SR. That may even include sending some emails to people who onlyl do the scratch off to see if the WANT to learn how to earn more or not and then encouraging them to watch the videos and come to the forum.

I do really appreciate all of the feedback. It's interesting to me to hear what the scratch off means to different people. We started it just on a lark a couple of years ago and (although I have to admit that I haven't even looked at it in over a year) it seems that it is very important to some of our members.
    Never knew a game could hold such a large discussion. I remember way back asking us if we were bored looking at the Leprechaun and wanting to know if you should change it.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    Never knew a game could hold such a large discussion. I remember way back asking us if we were bored looking at the Leprechaun and wanting to know if you should change it.
    I remember that. I was all for changing the picture as that laughing leprauchan really gets to me!
    Sunshine Rewards

I have to agree with most of the others that doing away with the scratch off for the newer members would be a huge mistake. I too have been a member since Sept 06 and that used to be the most that I did. The second quarter I was a member I became an SM and have been one every quarter since then. My TOTAL scratch off earnings to date are $2.80, $3.32 with emails and $5.74 with paid clicks, not even enough to cash out once. But I had to learn the ropes and see that the sight was legit. There have been some great suggestions I HEARTILY agree that we need a tutorial on how to make money on SR. It couldn't hurt the older members either, usually there is always something we are missing. When SR ran the first contest to sign up members I had 16 sign up but only 3 or 4 make it past $5 and I had no way to contact most of them to help them get over the $5 hump (Sad for me but sadder still for SR) Maybe we could have a place for newbies to hook up with an SR buddy to help them get through the first steps of earning money on SR.

I was wondering if for the Scratch Off in addition to the .03, .02 and .01 you couldn't maybe add (a consolation incentive) like "earn an extra .10 if you complete an Aisle 7 offer today" "make up to 3 posts on the members question & answer forum and earn .01 a post"; "Complete 2 surveys today and get a .15 bonus" "complete such & such an offer and get __"; "earn double for a paid offer" ; "make an eBay purchase today and get double credits" or "you have earned a chance in the second chance survey drawing" or "sign up a friend today and earn $3 when they earn $5" "Earn .02 for getting a top 10 score on such and such arcade game" The incentives are limitless and you could maybe get more people to do more things on SR. These would be great motivators, just like the forum games etc. I know it may be a nightmare for SG (sorry) but I think it would be a great motivator for SR members!!! Just my .02
    Last edited by MdCaterer; 01-19-2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling!!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards