View Poll Results: For the Mid-Atlantic/East Coast meet what is your first choice of location?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Six Flags Great Adventure

1 14.29%
  • Washington DC

1 14.29%
  • Hersheypark

4 57.14%
  • Knoebel's

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Atlantic/East Coast Meet

I would have younger kids going on rides (5 & 3), but I don't want to be a stickler about their ages being a deciding factor. I woud prefer a one day trip, so Hershey would be better for me. Traveling overnight with all three kids (youngest is 4 months now) is a lot.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by sqromano View Post
    I would have younger kids going on rides (5 & 3), but I don't want to be a stickler about their ages being a deciding factor. I woud prefer a one day trip, so Hershey would be better for me. Traveling overnight with all three kids (youngest is 4 months now) is a lot.
    yeah well if DH doesn't go you wouldn't have to worry about having "help" with Amy and I, so don't let that deter you. DD5 would love to have a buddy bc she chooses the much slower paced rides then my older two.
    Sunshine Rewards

My kids are 17, 14, 11 so Hersheypark is the best for them because they are familiar with it and I could let them just go as a group. My youngest isn't really keen on Roller Coasters so he most likely would stay with me most of the time.

But I am sure there is enough at Knoebels also to keep them entertained and from what I hear about Knoebels I could let them take off there also.

So it isn't what the kids want but there is no way I could go off to a meet without taking them during the summer. For me this would have to be a one day thing. That doesn't mean that some people couldn't stay and meet a second day.

What about once everyone is back in school, is there a place that is somewhat convenient to everyone that we could meet on like a Friday. Somewhere like Gettysburg, Lancaster, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Annapolis, etc. and just have a nice lunch or something.

Maybe if everyone who is interested could post where they are we could find somewhere centrally located. Maybe that would be something like Ocean City. I am just not familiar with OC and what is around there.

I am in Western Maryland west of Baltimore about 45 min.
    Sunshine Rewards

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    My kids are 17, 14, 11 so Hersheypark is the best for them because they are familiar with it and I could let them just go as a group. My youngest isn't really keen on Roller Coasters so he most likely would stay with me most of the time.

But I am sure there is enough at Knoebels also to keep them entertained and from what I hear about Knoebels I could let them take off there also.

So it isn't what the kids want but there is no way I could go off to a meet without taking them during the summer. For me this would have to be a one day thing. That doesn't mean that some people couldn't stay and meet a second day.

What about once everyone is back in school, is there a place that is somewhat convenient to everyone that we could meet on like a Friday. Somewhere like Gettysburg, Lancaster, Baltimore Inner Harbor, Annapolis, etc. and just have a nice lunch or something.

Maybe if everyone who is interested could post where they are we could find somewhere centrally located. Maybe that would be something like Ocean City. I am just not familiar with OC and what is around there.

I am in Western Maryland west of Baltimore about 45 min.

Remember I was just throwing out other things to think about. Knoebels is defintely a place where the older ones could walk freely without to many worries (outside normal mom worries) and if they've never been then they would probably enjoy it.

I would have to bring my kids also, I was just saying to them or me it wouldn't matter. I'm up for majority rules I was just trying to throw out some things to think about when making a decision. HP may be easier to get to for everyone, but Knoebels has a much more "relax country type" feeling and the prices to match. Again I'm in either way.

I lived near where Great Adventure is and I wouldn't want to go with my 3 bc of their ages unless I had DH with me, same with DC.
    Sunshine Rewards

I am totally in for either Hersheypark or Knoebel's. What I was trying to say is the place is not determined by what the kids want they would be happy either place since it doesn't take much to make them happy. Knoebel's might be better without the big thrill rides because then my youngest wouldn't have to worry about the older ones only riding the roller coasters that he won't ride.

I would like to try Knoebel's once actually since I have heard good things about it.
    Sunshine Rewards

I'm in Lanc. Co., PA - smack dab between Harrisburg and Philly.

I hadn't thought about a lunch kind of meet but I kind of like that idea. Although a park sounds like great fun, I think we'd get to talk and spend more time together at a lunch meet. I know my kids will want to play and not sit around with us ladies (They're not old enough to have the run of a park by themselves). It could be something simple like shopping at the outlets at Rehoboth Beach, DE (there's a Disney outlet!) and lunch at Grotto's Pizza (YUM!) or going to the mall at King of Prussia. For those with little kids not yet in school, maybe a day sitter could be arranged and we could just go somewhere, have a nice lunch, maybe do a little shopping, and head back on our way. Just throwing out some thoughts.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    I'm in Lanc. Co., PA - smack dab between Harrisburg and Philly.

I hadn't thought about a lunch kind of meet but I kind of like that idea. Although a park sounds like great fun, I think we'd get to talk and spend more time together at a lunch meet. I know my kids will want to play and not sit around with us ladies (They're not old enough to have the run of a park by themselves). It could be something simple like shopping at the outlets at Rehoboth Beach, DE (there's a Disney outlet!) and lunch at Grotto's Pizza (YUM!) or going to the mall at King of Prussia. For those with little kids not yet in school, maybe a day sitter could be arranged and we could just go somewhere, have a nice lunch, maybe do a little shopping, and head back on our way. Just throwing out some thoughts.
    That was kinda what I was thinking but Rehoboth is too far for me for lunch since it would be a 3 1/2 hr. drive each way. King of Prussia is 2 hrs. and 45 min. so that would be out also. What about Lancaster County- Closer to Harrisburg instead of closer to Philly like the outlets at Hershey how would that be for everyone?
    Last edited by missymouse; 01-25-2009 at 11:59 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
    That was kinda what I was thinking but Rehoboth is too far for me for lunch since it would be a 3 1/2 hr. drive each way. King of Prussia is 2 hrs. and 45 min. so that would be out also. What about Lancaster County- Closer to Harrisburg instead of closer to Philly like the outlets at Hershey how would that be for everyone?
    KOP obviously is a no brainer for me, it's 20 mins from me, but I don't mind traveling and I could swing (especially if it was a Tuesday when DH works from home) babysitting for my kids and going to Lancaster for a meet.

I want what will be convienent for everyone so who ever is coming doesn't have to travel a long time. Harrisburg isn't bad either, about the same distance to Hershey IMHO. What about Reading outlets? Is that any closer? Not as nice as Lancaster but hey if all were looking for is someplace to meet, eat and chat that could work too.

How far for you to travel to Reading?
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    KOP obviously is a no brainer for me, it's 20 mins from me, but I don't mind traveling and I could swing (especially if it was a Tuesday when DH works from home) babysitting for my kids and going to Lancaster for a meet.

I want what will be convienent for everyone so who ever is coming doesn't have to travel a long time. Harrisburg isn't bad either, about the same distance to Hershey IMHO. What about Reading outlets? Is that any closer? Not as nice as Lancaster but hey if all were looking for is someplace to meet, eat and chat that could work too.

How far for you to travel to Reading?
    Reading is 2 1/2 hours so that would be 5 hours on the road for me. Lancaster is 2 hours so that isn't much more than Hersheypark. Harrisburg area would definitely be the best for me but that would mean others would have to travel a greater distance. Based on where you live and where I live Hershey is all around the most centrally located. According to Mapquest it is 1 1/2 hours for you and for me it is about 1 3/4 hours. Those living around Lancaster PA would be shorter. There is a Red Robin near the outlets or we could meet at Hershey Lodge at the Bears Den. Tuesdays can be workable for me with advance planning and would be easier after March 15th since most of my IEP's will be done by that time. Fridays are usually always good. I could get there by about 10:30 or 11 am and head back by around 2 p.m.
    Last edited by missymouse; 01-25-2009 at 04:19 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

oh rehobeth beach de works better for me. but obviously not for everyone else.

i am getting the feeling i am the farthest east and south of everyone else. it takes me about 4 to 5 hours to get to philly pa/cherry hill nj.

now if anyone is interested in gettysburg then i am in, because we are planning a camping trip there, so maybe i could make that time that we meet a camping trip also.

i don't mind traveling a little bit, but not 5 or more hours for a one day trip.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.