View Poll Results: For the Mid-Atlantic/East Coast meet what is your first choice of location?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Six Flags Great Adventure

1 14.29%
  • Washington DC

1 14.29%
  • Hersheypark

4 57.14%
  • Knoebel's

1 14.29%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mid-Atlantic/East Coast Meet

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    oh rehobeth beach de works better for me. but obviously not for everyone else.

i am getting the feeling i am the farthest east and south of everyone else. it takes me about 4 to 5 hours to get to philly pa/cherry hill nj.

now if anyone is interested in gettysburg then i am in, because we are planning a camping trip there, so maybe i could make that time that we meet a camping trip also.

i don't mind traveling a little bit, but not 5 or more hours for a one day trip.
    And I am the farthest south and west
    Sunshine Rewards

Actually in going to Elfster and looking at where everyone who has participated in the gift exchange is located the best option that has everyone driving closest to the same distance is Knoebels.

Zoodoyle would be 2 1/2 hours
    Askomsky would be 2 1/4 hours
    Jenvance would be 2 3/4 hours
    missymouse would be 3 hours
    amarazas would be 2 hours
    fourfoxesinpa would be 2 hours
    Arky would be 8 hours to Knoebels or DC
    sqromano I am assuming lives near either askomsky or amarazas

I don't know where T1nkrules is located.

Eaglesdare if she stayed with her relatives the night before could come up for the day possibly and it would be 3 hours from Six Flags Great Adventure area.

PBHall and Sunni were considering coming down so for them it would be 6 hours 35 min.

I am assuming that those who expressed interest from farther away are thinking they would spend the night.

It is obvious we are not going to be able to come up with anything that is great for everyone but this looks like the best option.

Jennvance Knoebel's actually looks a little closer for you since Hershey is 3 1/4 hours for you and I hear is it better than Hershey for younger kids.

And ligrumpygirl would only be 3 1/2 hours away should she want to think about joining us.
    Last edited by missymouse; 01-25-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

is this knoebels off of the pa turnpike? just wondering how i would get there. thinking maybe i could drive to my brothers and maybe spend the night there, then drive to the campsites at knoebels the next day and we would be there for the meet.

if it is an easy route i could handle it. like taking 95 or 295 up north. then the pa turnpike to knoebels. i don't like driving side roads.

hubby is more than likely thinking i am going to be gone a lot this year because he just bought me a new car, so i am ready to go now! hehehe

but if anyone is coming to the east, let me know.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Knoebels is only 2 hrs for me ( I take back roads and can make it to my aunts in an hour 45 mins) my aunt lives 15 mins from Knoebels.

You could take the (amarazas may be able to give a better direction) turnpike to 61N and follow that in or 78 or 81 all interstate with very few but straightforward back roads. Not many turns and all same highway when coming off one of the main roads. If we're doing Knoebels they only have weekend hours until mid May I think then they open during the week right around Memorial Day.

Again we could always do a lunch in Lancaster Co with a few then a day in Knoebels or Hershey park?
    Sunshine Rewards

From the area around Six Flags Great adventure to get to Knoebel's

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1qn=Six...&2g=-76.505768

It looks like they are all major roads NJ Turnpike, PA turnpike, I 80

Here is the Knoebel's website http://www.knoebels.com/
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Again we could always do a lunch in Lancaster Co with a few then a day in Knoebels or Hershey park?

I second that idea. Name the time and place for a mini meet for lunch in Lancaster Co. preferably after March 15th if it would be a Tuesday or anytime from now until summer on a Friday.

I like the idea of Knoebel's in Early to Mid August perhaps or the Friday just before my kids go back to school which would be Aug. 21st. If we wanted to include DH's we could do a weekend day at Knoebel's in the Spring or Springtime in the Park at Hershey. He probably wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't give him a choice.
    Sunshine Rewards

oh i did not mean hubby would be going with me, when i mentioned him. my son will be, maybe a grandchild, but more than likely no hubby.

how far is lancaster? would love to go there and get a great breakfast. yummy

i am also open for something on thursdays and fridays. i am homeschooling right now so those 2 week days are ok for me. anyone wanting to meet a bit farther south than philly?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    oh i did not mean hubby would be going with me, when i mentioned him. my son will be, maybe a grandchild, but more than likely no hubby.

how far is lancaster? would love to go there and get a great breakfast. yummy

i am also open for something on thursdays and fridays. i am homeschooling right now so those 2 week days are ok for me. anyone wanting to meet a bit farther south than philly?
    How about Baltimore?
    Sunshine Rewards

If Lancaster is the place, let me know and I'd be happy to get back with some lunch options.
    Sunshine Rewards

is there some place near the delaware memorial bridge?