I received an email from Sara Williams from Greenfield. This message was posted on the front.
We take privacy issues very seriously. For your protection, the new survey system is designed to prevent computers with spyware from accessing our surveys. This ensures that your information is not shared with unauthorized parties through the use of spyware.

If you are having issues accessing our surveys and seeing a never-ending hour glass, it is likely you have spyware on your computer.
Please click here to learn more about spyware and how to remove it.(this last line shows up as a link). When I clicked on the link, the following message appeared below my sidenote:

SIDENOTE: I wish I had this information a month ago when I had Spyware issues. I wonder if they can do something like this for SR members? Maybe they could "not let us in" if they detect that we ever get Spyware. It would be a very clear and fast indication and could be fixed quicker and easier! Sorry so long, thought it might be useful!

Spyware Help

What is spyware!

Spyware is a general term used to describe software that performs certain behaviors such as advertising, collecting personal information, or changing the configuration of your computer, generally without appropriately obtaining your consent first.
Spyware is often associated with software that displays advertisements (called adware) or software that tracks personal or sensitive information.

How do I know if I have spyware installed on my computer?

One of the most common spyware programs we have identified on users' computers is Open Square. View instructions on how to check for this program running on your computer here. There are many other spyware programs out there. We recommend fully scanning your computer with updated software that will check for all spyware.

If you do not have an updated virus scan program installed on your computer, we recommend scanning your computer with Trend Micro? HouseCall - this is a FREE online virus scanner which will identify and REMOVE any spyware and adware programs from your computer. You may also contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for assistance with this issue.

How do I remove spyware installed on my computer?

If you do not have an updated virus scan program installed on your computer, we recommend scanning your computer with Trend Micro? HouseCall - this is a FREE online virus scanner which will identify and REMOVE any spyware and adware programs from your computer.

Spyware Prevention Tips

Use a firewall.
A firewall will stop other computers from gaining access to your computer. Without this access hackers can't download spyware to your computer when you're not looking. Windows XP comes with a built in firewall, but it is recommended that you run another independent firewall; better safe than sorry.

Install a pop-up blocker
Many spyware programs install after you click a deceptive link in a pop-up browser window. A pop-up blocker will prevent adware and spyware pop-up windows.

Never download programs from sites you are not familiar with.
You may think you are downloading a graphics program, but it just might come with a whole slew of spyware.

Keep all software updated.
If using a Windows program, update from the Microsoft Web site to stay up to date on security updates. Don't forget to update anti-virus programs, firewalls and pop-up blockers.

Never close those windows by clicking on the Ok or Yes buttons.
You more than likely will be giving them permission to download spyware or other malware to your computer. Always close these by clicking on the x in the upper right corner.

Read licensing agreements before downloading any software.
There may be hidden clauses stating you are giving permission for that company to also download spyware.

Update your browser settings.
In Internet Explorer, click "tools," "Internet options" on your browser window and set security settings to medium or higher.

Paid Surveys Resource | Privacy Policy | Rewards Rules | About Us
? Greenfield Online - The #1 Paid Survey Company