View Poll Results: Which Fridays would you be able to attend a Brunch?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • March 27

1 20.00%
  • April 3

2 40.00%
  • April 17

2 40.00%
  • April 24

4 80.00%
  • May 1

4 80.00%
  • May 8

3 60.00%
  • May 15

5 100.00%
  • May 22

4 80.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Meet in Lancaster PA

Default Spring Meet in Lancaster PA

We are trying to get a brief brunch type meet together one Friday this spring in Lancaster PA. I think we are trying to meet at or near the Outlet Mall in Lancaster from around 10:30-1:00 or so. Mark which of the days it would be possible for you to meet in the poll. The one with the most number of people wins.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

4/7
    4/24

5/1
    5/15
    5/29

I say these now, but watch one of these will be something for my DD6 Kindergarten. I know their one big party is end of April but mid week so I'm good there.
    Sunshine Rewards

Just went and double checked the calendar and the March date is out for me.
    Sunshine Rewards

i'm going to vote for the last 3 dates in may. anything sooner and i think i would be pushing it for the old man. (hehe).

but may is usually the start of our camping season so if i combine with a camping trip this may work out for us.
    Last edited by eaglesdare; 02-17-2009 at 11:48 AM.
    all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

March is out for me - we'll be at WDW. And the next Friday, I'll still have Mickey hangover and just don't know if I'll be free. Any of the other days are good - as of now. Who knows what will come up with end of year school field trips and that stuff.

Once we get a headcount, I'll investigate some brunch options and we can decide where we'd like to eat.
    Sunshine Rewards

i would love to make an attempt at getting up that way.

but as far as the brunch goes, could you check into authentic amish type places? is that a possibility?

There are plenty of touristy places that serve PA Dutch style foods but nothing owned/operated by Amish in that area - one is a buffet, Miller's Smorgasbord, that is only a mile or so east of the outlets. That would probably be my recommendation. I haven't been in years but it's been here forever and is quite popular with bus tours and other groups. You can load up on PA Dutch standards like Chicken Corn Soup, slippery Chicken Pot Pie, brown buttered noodles, hot bacon salad dressing, red beet eggs, chow-chow and Shoofly pie.

http://www.millerssmorgasbord.com/

Everything else in that area are chain restaurants, like Panera, Applebee's, Olive Garden, Ruby Tuesday, etc. Any other PA Dutch style restaurants are kind of far from the outlets and a little bit to the east of the outlets/tourist drag.

If you want "real" Amish food, you'd have to come to our little borough fire company breakfast on the second Saturday of each month. The women volunteer and cook up some tasty, non-heart-healthy grub. YUM.
    Last edited by fourfoxesinpa; 02-17-2009 at 12:20 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Just an FYI I see a lot of people picked 5/22, just want to make sure you realize that it's the Friday before Memorial day. We head out of town that day, which is no big deal but just wanted to throw it out there.
    (We're actually going to Knoebels that day, we usually get DS out of school a few hrs early)
    Sunshine Rewards

I marked down April 24th, but I can't do the 24th, I meant to pick April 17th.

Sorry for the confusion!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

that place sounds good. well it sounds yummy. hehehe

also there is a $3 of coupon.

i wonder if they have scrapple there. i love the way they make scrapple.

we always take off for memorial day weekend.