Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Feedback on Offers

Default Need Feedback on Offers

For some time we have been putting up just about every offer that we can get our hands on. There are some pros and cons to that as far as I can tell:

Pros: We never know which offer is going to be really good until we put it up and some end up being diamonds in the rough. More money making opportunities for members. Money making opportunities for SR. More variety for people looking for lots of different things.

Cons: Some offers end up giving us no credits at all. Some only credit for a small percentage of people. Some end up getting your phone number switched to a paid service. Some of the companies cheat and sell your info even when they say that they won't. People get discouraged when things don't credit and end up not wanting to use SR at all. Offers can be confusing.

I'd like to get a wide variety of feedback from all of you....both people who have been here forever and people who are brand new.

Is it worth it for us to keep posting so many of these offers? Should we pull them faster if X% of people do not get credit within the first few hours? Should we pull any of them that are just trying to buy your information? Should we keep them in a kind of "locked" area that you can only get to once you have gotten the hang of surveys and shopping? What are your thoughts?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Having been here for three years, I'm going to be perfectly honest and say that for the usual offers, I don't try them unless I see them posted on the automatic credit thread-I think I'm just in so many databases it's not worth trying. However, the more that are out there, the more highly the likelihood that one may credit.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Honestly I dont' have time to try them anymore bc mainly I know the majority won't credit for me anyway. I've been around for over 2 yrs so I think I'm in their database.

That said you bring up a few key points. I think that there should be some "lock" that either 30 days a member before trying OR a certain amount of posts before your "unlocked" to try offers. I only say that bc some newbies (and I was one, nothing wrong just my observation) won't/don't read the stickies and then get very frustrated trying too many at one time. Maybe only 1 a day until they hit certain amount of posts (forcing them to read and participate more?) or certain amount of days of trying and understanding how it works. I think it would be less frustration?

A while back SR had mentioned only putting offers up like once a week so they could look for the quality offers etc. I'm not sure if that's the case or not, but I understand if we're not earning money your not making money.

Just my 2 cents.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think you have some great ideas in that post... as someone who has done a ton of offers I would hate to see them go away completely.

I think completing the offers is an acquired skill... so it might not be a bad idea to have a newbie earn a certain amount and/or read some disclaimer screens before being allowed to try offers.

I would like to see the bad ones pulled faster. It would be nice if it could be set up automatically so it doesn't impact the SR team too much. I'm not sure if it should be a time limit (pulled after 2 hours if less than 20% get credit)... but maybe also put a minimum number of tries in there too to make the number statistically valid (in case it is a slow day on SR)

I personally search the forum for the name of the offer, and if it doesn't show up in one of the many threads on offers...then I know it probably isn't worth my time. I love that people post which offers they get credit for (manual or fast)

It might also be nice to note if it is a fast or manual credit right in the offer listing. Then people would know what to expect and there wouldn't be so much false disappointment over not getting a fast credit from a manual credit.

Thanks for being willing to discuss the issue, and thanks for giving us many ways to earn money.
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

i have been a member of sr since January 2006. when i first started on sr i did the clicks and the emails. after a certain amount of time i started doing offers and surveys and then added shopping. now that i have been here for over 3 1/2 years i am probably in lots of databases because of all the offers i have done in the past so i have cut back on doing them. so far this month i have only done 5 and none of them have credited but that happens sometimes. last month i had 13 or 16 that credited for me and that was a good month (i even had a mid credit for me and that hasn't happened in a long time). right now i am concentrating more on surveys and shopping for christmas then i am on offers as i know which offers will credit for me and which ones won't. occassionally i will do the survey offers if i see that other people are getting credit but i don't do them as much as i used to. HTH.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

I think I can probably have SG make a change to the offers page for each offer to note whether or not it is quick crediting. We already designate them as such in the database when we load them. So he would just need to put a little star next them.

Another thought is maybe separating out the "freebies" entirely and not even including them in the offers? That way, we can really explain on that page what people are getting into when they do them? It might also be possible for SG to show the percentage of people who have gotten credit versus the percentage that have either attempted the offer (put it into pending) or clicked on it. The only problem with that is that we still have people putting offers into pending just because they don't want to see them....not because they have actually tried them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I think I can probably have SG make a change to the offers page for each offer to note whether or not it is quick crediting. We already designate them as such in the database when we load them. So he would just need to put a little star next them.

Another thought is maybe separating out the "freebies" entirely and not even including them in the offers? That way, we can really explain on that page what people are getting into when they do them? It might also be possible for SG to show the percentage of people who have gotten credit versus the percentage that have either attempted the offer (put it into pending) or clicked on it. The only problem with that is that we still have people putting offers into pending just because they don't want to see them....not because they have actually tried them.

I really like the idea of showing the percentage of people who have gotten credit. That way, before a member even attempts it, they could get an idea whether it is worth their time. Different people have a different view of what is considered "worth their time" and this would be a great bit of info to have ahead of time.

Also, would there be some way to add another button for those people who want to delete an offer from their list so they don't need to put it in pending? Just some way for them to put it in another category of "I don't want to do this offer"?
    Debbie

Been a member since 2007 and i try many offers. a few each day. I check the automatic credit thread to see what has credited for other members(Major Marcy and I have the same problem). There are some i don't try because i never get credit for them. If they have epath, modpath i can't seem to get them to credit so i have made a list of most offers that use these and i don't try them. Have tried usting mozilla and still these don't credit. But other do so i trye a few.
    Every day is better with a little in it.I have earned over 2000.00 in sunshine rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    I really like the idea of showing the percentage of people who have gotten credit. That way, before a member even attempts it, they could get an idea whether it is worth their time. Different people have a different view of what is considered "worth their time" and this would be a great bit of info to have ahead of time.

Also, would there be some way to add another button for those people who want to delete an offer from their list so they don't need to put it in pending? Just some way for them to put it in another category of "I don't want to do this offer"?
    A trash can sounds like a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Honestly I dont' have time to try them anymore bc mainly I know the majority won't credit for me anyway. I've been around for over 2 yrs so I think I'm in their database.
    I'm with April here. I have been active on SR for over 3 years and very few offers credit for me. I might try a few offers if I see they are crediting for others.....especially when there is a contest. But I really don't have the time.

I do like the recycle (trash can) idea as there are some offers I am not interested in and I think it would be easier to wade through the ones I might be interested in.

I was looking through offers last night. Many of them have corrupt links or took me to something totally different than was advertised. I've looked on the Tech thread and some of them have been reported.

Does someone check them out on a regular basis? Not being judgemental at all.....but it's frustrating to click on an offer to see what it's all about and get some smilie download page.

Thanks for caring about what we think and asking us to express our opinions.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards