Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Depot Mickey Heads for SR members ...

If anyone needs some, and cannot get any, let me know. I could swing by HD this weekend (when our floods subside) and pick some up and mail them to those in need.

Angela
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    I love your collection abby. I have an easily accessible handbag today to shove them in so I'm hoping to get an assortment. Can you post instructions on how to remove the mickey heads from the card stock they come on? I'm assuming that is what you did when you put them on the black discs.
    Thank you! I'm quote proud of the group as well!

How to BeHead HD Mickeys:

1. Fill cake pan with water (or other largish type flat pan)
    2. Put a selection of heads face down in the water

3. Let heads soak until paper begins to look "water-logged" (you'll be able to tell) I usually left them in there for 30-60 seconds. Some of the heads slid right off, some of them needed some coaxing.
    4. Place on paper towels to dry

5. Put dried heads in between heavy books to flatten (the curl during the drying)

Most of the colors came off their backings really well. The only color that had consistent problems was orange. The medium and dark orange shades did not fare well. Clearly God did not want them to live.

Happy Beheading!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by wdwabby View Post
    Thank you! I'm quote proud of the group as well!

How to BeHead HD Mickeys:

1. Fill cake pan with water (or other largish type flat pan)
    2. Put a selection of heads face down in the water

3. Let heads soak until paper begins to look "water-logged" (you'll be able to tell) I usually left them in there for 30-60 seconds. Some of the heads slid right off, some of them needed some coaxing.
    4. Place on paper towels to dry

5. Put dried heads in between heavy books to flatten (the curl during the drying)

Most of the colors came off their backings really well. The only color that had consistent problems was orange. The medium and dark orange shades did not fare well. Clearly God did not want them to live.

Happy Beheading!
    Thanks for this photo how to, but i do have one question, Did you liberate all of those mickey heads at once from HD, Did you take evey one of them!
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I just cut around the head so that they would be a little stiffer and more sturdy. That wouldn't be a problem if you were laminating.
    Sunshine Rewards

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Thanks for this photo how to, but i do have one question, Did you liberate all of those mickey heads at once from HD, Did you take evey one of them!
    hehehehe .... [insert maniacal laughter here]

many rescue missions were completed. and I convinced my parents that they needed to assist in rescue missions of their own... and this is 4 months worth of "work" from 3 different Home Depots ...
    Sunshine Rewards

hehehehe .... [insert maniacal laughter here]

many rescue missions were completed. and I convinced my parents that they needed to assist in rescue missions of their own... and this is 4 months worth of "work" from 3 different Home Depots ...

Ok, I just do think i could walk in clean the shelves and walk out, no purchase or anything, Just dont think i could do that!
    -NOn DisBoards

Default Color Choices

I went on a liberation mission after work and picked up both Sunny Spot and Laser Beam

Sunny Spot is on the left, Laser Beam is on the right (and some other colors may have jumped into my hand ...)

What's everyone's opinion? Which one should we choose? Laser Beam does look a little nicer in person ... and may be more noticible hanging off a bag since it's darker ...

and I've left some heads on their cards, but I like how clean the edges are when I soak them off of their backing. It's worth working with the curled edges because I like the finished look much better
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Ok, I just do think i could walk in clean the shelves and walk out, no purchase or anything, Just dont think i could do that!
    who said there weren't times that we made purchases? and I never cleaned out any shelves - they're paint chips, not cans of paint! now THAT would be interesting and very illegal. Free paint chips on the other hand, I have no issues with. Especially when I would be in there for a dozen or so of various colors and a family with kids would come in and wipe out an entire row. Besides, my heads are going into room/window decor and scrapbooking projects, not coloring time and then the garbage can!
    Sunshine Rewards

who said there weren't times that we made purchases? and I never cleaned out any shelves - they're paint chips, not cans of paint! now THAT would be interesting and very illegal. Free paint chips on the other hand, I have no issues with. Especially when I would be in there for a dozen or so of various colors and a family with kids would come in and wipe out an entire row. Besides, my heads are going into room/window decor and scrapbooking projects, not coloring time and then the garbage can!

Ok I dont feel bad now, I like the laser beam from the photo!
    -NOn DisBoards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Thanks for the instructions Abby. I came back from my mission tonight and had a very successful one. I think Mike was embarrased. I had a quart sized ziplock bag full of every color imaginable. :rofl:

I got to HD and saw they had the mickey heads from a distance so I quickly walked to the section and saw no HD employee around and only 1 customer around so I crowded the section and started grabbing handfulls of each color. I think I have 20 of most of them except the really dark colors (those are next trip). I figure either I decorate the room window with them or they go in a scrapbook for next trip.

If anyone needs some sunny spot or alien green let me know. I'll try to get some your way. There was another yellow not sunny spot and not laser beam that I liked. hmm I'll pull out my bag tomorrow and check.
    Sunshine Rewards