Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For those following my maybe...maybe not,not sure...value or mod...please help me! Disney saga...

Default For those following my maybe...maybe not,not sure...value or mod...please help me! Disney saga...

WE BOOKED THE TRIP!!! (actually Deb-Pooh's Pal, booked the trip today for us! Thanks Deb!)

Here's the details...

3 of us at CSR, August free dining, over my b-day for 8 nights!!
    Funny how trips like this seem to grow once you get started planning!)

I'm so excited, and I can't even explain how excited dd is!

Everything still hinges on dh's company still being around before we go, of course, and his back holding out, but just to be booked is really nice!

I hope I didn't make a bad decision choosing CSR. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE POFQ, which is so much smaller and quiet, but I wanted to try something different, so...CSR it was. Now I've read some bad reviews, so I'm a little nervous, but hopefully we'll get a nice renovated room near the pool, and we'll be all set!

I wish I could start making dining ressies!

Thanks for everyone who gave me advice over the weekend, and follwed my decision making saga!! You guys are great friends!
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Have not stayed here. I don't like the feel there.

Congrats. Your excitement is contagious and makes me very envious. Sounds like a perfect trip. I am sure you will have an outstanding time. And it is always good to try new things, at least that is what we tell the kids.
    <Sunshine Rewards

Woohoo!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

congrats! just a word of warning though, we stayed in a room overlooking a pool at pop a couple of years ago, and the noise was unbelievable-and it went on most of the night!

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Oh that is just great!! Congrats on your trip! I just read your other thread today & thought...oh yuck...I feel for you!! But everything happens for a reason & what a great trip you'll have!!

CSR, your bday, free dining AND for 8 nights!!! That's AWESOME!! For what it's worth, I think you'll love CSR. We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE POFQ too...everything about it...the size especially. I read all the reports saying how big CSR was & how bad it was...but really, it's great. I've stayed there 3 times now & it's really a beautiful resort!! Sure it's bigger than POFQ, but it's great!

We found the busses to be really great! There were even times were we were the only ones on the bus to the park. We stayed in Casitas section every time, so we were always at bus stop 2 & it's usually the first drop off/pick up except for the DTD busses. There are 4 stops at the resort. The bus rides to the resorts were great & none took an exceptional amount of time. I had read that it's so far away from everything but AK...I didn't think it was much more than POFQ. You don't share the bus w/another resort so that's nice too.

The first trip we had a water view room (hoping for a king bed to open up...but that never happened LOL), but we were honestly 3 steps away from the quiet pool. Only one time was it even loud...and it was a Friday night...I'm assuming it was the conventioneers partying up! LOL It was so nice to be right there! At times we had the pool to ourselves! It was great!

The grounds, as I'm sure you've read are broken up into 3 sections. Cabanas, Casitas & Ranchos. Of the 3 Ranchos is my least favorite "look" & while it is the furthest from the main building, it's not THAT far. Plus all the buses will stop at the main building before leaving (w/the exception of DTD because it starts at that bus stop if I'm not mistaken). But really, the Ranchos section is still neat looking...just not my favorite.

I think you'll like it. There is a great site...dang, what was it called...I'll have to find it...someone on the dis runs it (Buzz001 I think is his user name). If you haven't looked there, you should. He has BEAUTIFUL photos. If you want to see any of mine, I'd be more than happy to send you some.

Just like anything Disney related, while it may not appeal to some, it does to others & while POFQ is still my favorite mod, I wouldn't ever pass up a chance to stay at CSR if it meant going to Disney. I think making the best of the resort is what makes/breaks any trip. Use the buses if you need to get to the main building if you think you're too far away. Don't even worry about those conventioneers in their suits (I always think it's funny people actually worry about them). Most of them aren't even going to the parks so that's why the buses are so empty...during the day anyway! LOL

You're going to have a great trip! Congrats!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    WE BOOKED THE TRIP!!!
    WOO-HOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by wilsonfamily4 View Post
    Your excitement is contagious and makes me very envious.
    SAME HERE!!!!!!

Not sure negative comments about the resort were asked for...the poor girl wanted to share her EXCITEMENT.

Quote Originally Posted by kimntrent View Post
    Have not stayed here. I don't like the feel there.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    congrats! just a word of warning though, we stayed in a room overlooking a pool at pop a couple of years ago, and the noise was unbelievable-and it went on most of the night!
    Is there NOTHING around here that can stay positive?!
    Sunshine Rewards

I was thinking the same thing, Janet.

Congrats on your trip, Leslie!!!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    [COLOR="Magenta"]
    Not sure negative comments about the resort were asked for...the poor girl wanted to share her EXCITEMENT.

Is there NOTHING around here that can stay positive?!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3dog2kidmom View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, Janet.
    Well see maybe I read it differently then. I don't think she asked for advice in THIS thread but has in two others. I haven't responded to the others bc I can't offer an educated opinion but I am ver interested in what everyone else's was. That said If OP's have been offering advice, I can see where they may feel like offering it here too. I didn't think they were trying to be negative, but rather offer their opinion on the matter. I'm not sure pointing fingers makes it any better? I thought that offering opinions positive or negative was always welcomed? Since I'm not an expert on Disney I follow these threads very closely and personally I want to hear the good, bad and the ugly if someone else has done it. Also knowing that what works for one person may not work for another, but it's always nice to hear and explore ALL sides of an opinion.

On another note, Congrats Leslie, I'm glad you found what will work for you and your family.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Leslie-Here are some photos to get you even more excited!

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800