Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What have ya won???

Wow! Too funny that there is a thread on winning. I have something to share. I never win, however, in the mail today was a surprise. I won a gift certificate to a restaurant around here from a lottery replay game. I can't wait to tell my hubby.

What does YOAMD stand for? Nice to know that some people really do win those trips and things!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni View Post

What does YOAMD stand for?
    Year of a Million Dreams..Congrats on your Gift card!!

I've also won in the YOAMD sweeps. Two lanyards and a set of ears. I sent postcards daily for a few months earlier in the year. I can't believe I won something. I'm with you guys, I want the DVC!

I did get a letter in the mail yesterday that I had won first prize (along with 19,999, other people) in the Storybook Vacation contest from Georgia-Pacfic. A free disney on-line game.

Oh well, keep dreaming and entering those contests kids. Somebody's gotta win them, it might as well be us!!
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I did get a letter in the mail Today!!! that I had won first prize (along with 19,999, other people) in the Storybook Vacation contest from Georgia-Pacfic. A free disney on-line game.

At first i thought ok junk, then i rememberd i had enter, and thought did i just win a vacation...But i finished reading and it was only a game i picked the Lilo and Stitch maze craze game...
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I am sooooooo impressed with all the winners on SR! I'm not particularly lucky, except for the fact that I was lucky enough to be invited to this site and forum to chat with all of you. I guess that, in itself, is like winning something.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I also won that Storybook Vacation contest!! First prize? yeah right!
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I won $1,000 in a radio contest about 8 years ago. You submitted your phone # and if they call you have to say "I listen to 95.1 WAYV!".

I almost won the $10,000 Deal or No Deal guess the case number. This is when it first started, I didn't know they called you first, then announced your name. I didn't recognize the #, thought it was a telemarketer, so didn't answer. Then I googled and researched it, called it back. I was sick to my stomach for weeks NOW I answer every call no matter what!!

And I won a $10 RFC gift card here for a movie trivia contest!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I've been entering sweepstakes for years. I enter an average of 150 per day. Last year was one of my best years and I won nearly $5000 worth of prizes including a PSP and a trip to my choice of one of the 10 most romantic B&B's in the country (We went to Bissell House in S. Pasadena) and year's supply of Half and Half.

The year before that I won a diamond pendant and a trip to Albuquerque, NM.

This year has been very slow. I've had a couple of surprise wins of candles/home fragrance from Evelyn & Crabtree and a makeup kit valued at $45. This year's best win was an iPhone, which was actually a $500 gift certificate to Apple. I ended up buying 2 Nanos instead of the phone.

I keep a list of wins and values and sponsors.

My husband was considered a radio "prize pig" for years because he was winning tickets, etc nearly every week. One year, my mother said he had to stop because she was tired of babysitting while we went to concerts. lol.

My dream prize would be a trip for my whole family to Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Jusacuz View Post
    I've been entering sweepstakes for years. I enter an average of 150 per day. Last year was one of my best years and I won nearly $5000 worth of prizes including a PSP and a trip to my choice of one of the 10 most romantic B&B's in the country (We went to Bissell House in S. Pasadena) and year's supply of Half and Half.

The year before that I won a diamond pendant and a trip to Albuquerque, NM.

This year has been very slow. I've had a couple of surprise wins of candles/home fragrance from Evelyn & Crabtree and a makeup kit valued at $45. This year's best win was an iPhone, which was actually a $500 gift certificate to Apple. I ended up buying 2 Nanos instead of the phone.

I keep a list of wins and values and sponsors.

My husband was considered a radio "prize pig" for years because he was winning tickets, etc nearly every week. One year, my mother said he had to stop because she was tired of babysitting while we went to concerts. lol.

My dream prize would be a trip for my whole family to Disney.
    Please write a how to win guide.... Because i thougth i had a great year and a won a online game via the storybook vacation sweepstakes, that i would never paly.....So any hints tips how to's would be great i would love to win even a fraction of what you have in this slow year....
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Quote Originally Posted by bs4free View Post
    Please write a how to win guide.... Because i thougth i had a great year and a won a online game via the storybook vacation sweepstakes, that i would never paly.....So any hints tips how to's would be great i would love to win even a fraction of what you have in this slow year....
    Honestly, I don't have any tips other than enter...a lot. I belong to an online sweeps site (online-sweepstakes.com) and I enter hundreds of sweeps a day. It only takes one entry to win. Persistence and patience are the most important things about winning. It can get time consuming and usually on the last day of the month, when a lot are expiring, it's not unusual for me to spend several hours entering them.

If you're interested in snail mail contests, there are some great newsletters out there that will list contests & rules. I don't enter them very often because I'm rather lazy and it can get expensive with stamps, etc. Rags to Riches is the only one I can think of right now, but I used to subscribe to some other one.

There are no secrets to winning a lot. It's a lot of entering and a bit of luck.