Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cirque du Soleil

Default Cirque du Soleil

So we have never been to Cirque du Soleil, and since we will be at WDW over my b-day, I'm thinking I REALLY want to go!!! Maybe even the night of my b-day...if it's available...anyway...

I know there are three tiers of seating. If I buy the "cheap seats (yeah right) will we be able to see fine? Is the tier 2 seating that much better?

Right now they are having a FL resident sale for 20% off. m-i-l lives there, and I wish I could have her buy us our tickets...but I'm afraid they would check for residency on the way in...so I won't go that route. But...dh is very skeptical because of the cost.

Help me convince my DH that we should go!!!

Sunshine Rewards

FWIW, my brother and DSIL (not Dniece's parental units) took Dniece on their trip when she was 11-like your DD, Dniece is active in theatre and musicals, etc. She loved it.
    We got cheap seats at Mystere in Vegas, and they were great!
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

There were 10 us who went to Cirque du Soleil/La Nouba last September. We were treated to the tickets and were fortunate to have seats front and center, but I would have enjoyed the show from any seat. It is a phenomenal show and worth every single cent you will pay to go. We had several skeptics in the party who weren't thrilled about giving up an evening at WDW, but they were completely blown away by this. Don't hesitate! Buy those tickets!
    Barb

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

We had preferred seating, which was wonderful, but I think that being in the upper section might have advantages as well - because you would have a higher viewpoint. Plus they do a pre-show that was behind the first tier, so we didn't have a good view point of that part. It's a cozy venue - I honestly don't think that there would be a bad seat in the house - just different view points.

It's an absolutely PHENOMENAL show! I hope that you go and love it! It's worth every penny of the ticket price.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

Quote Originally Posted by speechteachri View Post
    So we have never been to Cirque du Soleil, and since we will be at WDW over my b-day, I'm thinking I REALLY want to go!!! Maybe even the night of my b-day...if it's available...anyway...

I know there are three tiers of seating. If I buy the "cheap seats (yeah right) will we be able to see fine? Is the tier 2 seating that much better?

Right now they are having a FL resident sale for 20% off. m-i-l lives there, and I wish I could have her buy us our tickets...but I'm afraid they would check for residency on the way in...so I won't go that route. But...dh is very skeptical because of the cost.

Help me convince my DH that we should go!!!

Cirque will be at the Dunkin Donuts Center 7/2-7/5.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I've seen it five times at WDW and I always ask to be seated in the same part of the theater, second tier but a little bit to the left of the stage and as close to the front of that second section as I can get. It's a fabulous show but you need to sit behind the middle walkway that goes all the way around the middle of the theater because that's where they do a lot of the pre-show and the beginning of the show starts there too. If you are in the first section of seats, you will have to turn around to see what's going on. I really can't say if the seats way at the top are bad but I don't think that sitting in any part of the top tier would be a bad seat, there is so much that goes on all over the stage, up in the air all over the place all at the same time, I think the higher up you are the better view because everything is in front of you....go for it, I love that show, even better than the two that I saw in Vegas a few years ago...maybe because it's Disney but it's just something about that show and the music that just keeps me wanting to see it over and over.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

I don't care where they are, I'd see them as often as possible. Our first was Mystere in Las Vegas and then we traveled to Phoenix for a dog show - but our real excuse was to see Cirque. They've been to L.A. and we've seen them here (our company was actually a vendor that they used for a weekly service) and I NEED to see them at WDW. The brief glimpse we had of them 2 years back at Food and Wine was not enough. BUY!!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    Cirque will be at the Dunkin Donuts Center 7/2-7/5.

I know....pre-sale tickets are now on sale.....it makes the decision even harder!!!

I think we'll do one or the other. It depends if we can get decent seats at DTD. Deb (poohspal) is working on it for us!
    Sunshine Rewards

I have to say that I don't like circus like performances. This is far from a circus but there are lots of parts where people could fall. I was on the edge of my seat the entire show and I absolutely loved it.

We are taking our daughters (20 and 18) in January. I'm sure that it will be the highlight of our trip.

We had top row tickets but the seats were excellent. I truly don't think that there is a bad seat in the house.

Can't wait to see it again.

Go and enjoy!!!!
    --Becky
    Wisconsin

Sunshine Rewards

Thanks Leslie for posting this question. I was trying to decide if we should go in June since we have never been.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    I've seen it five times at WDW and I always ask to be seated in the same part of the theater, second tier but a little bit to the left of the stage and as close to the front of that second section as I can get.
    Pam what section do you sit in? Is it Category 2? DVC members can receive a 30% discount for Category 2.

Thanks everyone for posting information.

Last edited by ~Kathie; 05-25-2009 at 11:42 PM.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards