Thread: Sheets

Default Sheets

Anyone recently buy any bedsheets that they like? I have been reading reviews of them for all SR merchants and cannot find any with decent reviews.

My favorite used to be from a non-SR merchant, but even the reviews on them now indicate they have changed and are not as nice as they once were.

The last ones I bought for our king bed I paid a fortune for. I bought them about a year before I ever used them, waiting for our remodel to get started. They were Egyptian cotton 1000 thread count. I can live with the wrinkles, but they pilled and the hem stitching started to come out right away. They are so limp feeling, I guess I just prefer a more crisp sheet.

Another thing that really gripes me is they all seem to be made in India or Pakistan. Since DH and I lost our jobs, I have really changed my buying habits. I have been going green by looking first for good quality used items, or else trying to buy items made in the US.

Anyway, if you can recommend a brand, I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks............Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

They're a bit pricey, but Lands End has very nice sheets. I wish I could buy them but even their deepest fitted don't fit my ridiculously thick mattress.

Good luck!
    Lori

Sunshine Rewards 8x Super Member

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I need some new sheets, also. Bought a set at Overstock, last yr. They are Egyptian cotton and were vy inexpensive but feel wonderful. I bought them for a blow up mattress that can be 2 twins or a king, I used it for a sleepover.

Anyway, I ended up trying them on my queen bed because I always have trouble getting the fitted sheet to fit. The king works well because I fit the corners of the mattress in on one side and pull the rest of the sheet really tight and tuck it way in under the mattress on the other side. The sheet is wide enough that it can be tucked in at least a third of the way under the mattress and that helps it all stay in place. The top sheet, of course, is too wide but can be cut down easily to fit the queen bed. Of course, that doesn't help with a king size bed.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

The last two sets I bought were from QVC, the brand is Northern Nights and I'm very happy with them. One of the sets is still available and is my favorite of the two...H02337 500TC Supima Cotton, they are really soft and comfortable with elastic all the way around to fit thick matresses, ours is like 15" and fits great.

ETA: I just looked and they are Made in China, if that is a concern?
    Last edited by PSL1013; 05-30-2009 at 11:53 AM.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I buy a set of sheets for each of my kids and grandkids every year for Christmas. I love getting new sheets and they do too. My DD has a California king bed and her sheets are very expensive so she is thrilled that I buy them for her.

I have bought Simply Shabby Chic from Target that I really like. I have several sets for several beds. I like pastel printed or striped sheets and it seems now that most stores sheets are plain colors, wild patterns or brown/black.

The Shabby Chic are only 200-250 count but they are the most comfortable sheets we own. Even DH has commented how they are his favorite sheets.

I have very sensitive skin and even a little pill on a sheet makes my skin uncomfortable....so I am very fussy about sheets. I have had the Shabby Chic for a few years and they are still. The nice thing is you can go to the store to look/feel them and then come home and order.

Another place to check is Kohl's. You can beat their sales and if they have one of their additional % off deals going on for cardholders...the prices are great. I never buy anything at Kohl's that isn't on sale. Their Chaps brand is nice. I bought a set for my daughter and she loves them. You can also go into the store and look/touch them.

I have also ordered sheets through Disney.com in the past. Their sheets were always high quality but I haven't bought from them in a couple of years.

I also like Laura Ashley sheets but they are difficult to find.

Good luck!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I bought mine from Target the Home brand. We all HATE pilled sheets, they drive my DS10 nuts, so I stopped buying the character sheets and any under 250 bc they all did that. I found the Home brand to be really great, I have 2 sets I bought 3 yrs ago and their still awesome and feel nice. They have a silky feel (650 thread count) even though their 100% cotton. In the winter time Target had put some on clearance and I went and stocked up on the kids twin size bc it was such a great deal. I think I paid $20 per set for them.
    Only thing is their made in Pakastan.
    Sunshine Rewards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

My last few sets of sheets have come from Smart Bargins. The ones I have on right now are silver sage and brown and are the hotel collection. They are so soft and wash so well.

Wink

I bought a set of 100% Modal, 250 thread count sheets called Pure Beech for my DD back 5/6 years ago for the start of her college years, in a twin x-tra long from Bed Bath and Beyond. (she now has 3 or 4 sets, including a full size set for her bed here at home!)
    ( http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...=-1&SKU=113688 )

I loved them so much that I bought a queen set for my bed. I have them in the Sateen They are wonderful. Soft and silky. They stay soft without fabric softener, and line dry like a dream. I've been using them for about a year and I have had no problem with pilling or wear.(They aslo come in a t-shirt type finish)

Here on SR and they are sold at Linen Source. http://www.linensource.com/default.a...ch&pattern=ZAY

Here's some info on the sheets I got from web:

Modal (textile)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Modal is a bio-based fiber made by spinning reconstituted cellulose from beech trees. It is about 50% more hygroscopic, or water-absorbent, per unit volume than cotton is. It is designed to dye just like cotton, and is color-fast when washed in warm water. Modal is essentially a variety of rayon.

Textiles made from Modal do not fibrillate, or pill, like cotton does, and are resistant to shrinkage and fading. They are smooth and soft, more so than even mercerized cotton, to the point where mineral deposits from hard water, such as lime, do not stick to the fabric surface. Like pure cotton, modal needs to be ironed after washing.

Modal is a registered trademark of Lenzing AG, an Austrian company specializing in textiles and fibers, particularly natural fibers made from cellulose. In the United States, pure Modal has begun being used in household linens such as towels, bathrobes, and bedsheets. Bed Bath & Beyond, for example, sells its newly-released Modal sheets under the name Pure Beech. Indian textile companies, in particular, have taken to Modal, and are expected to produce around 4000 tons of it in 2005.

Hope this helps.
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I sleep in flannel sheets all year long and I am in love with the Martha Stewart flannel sheets from Macy's. They have to be the triple brushed flannel sheets, though. The regular ones are not as good; thinner and have a tendency to pill while the triple brushed ones don't. The difference is quite apparent, suprisingly, even though they are from the same line.

They are so incredibly thick and soft and don't pill at all. They are very pricey, but if you wait for a sale or the after-holidays clearance, you can score a set for about $30, down from $180+, especially if you need king or cal-king. I got my last set online in February for $30! I think they are only offered seasonally, though.

For regular, non-flannel sheets, I like Hotel Collection (available from Macys and sometimes on smart bargains and overstock) and the Martha Stewart line from KMart (also on SR.) The regular Martha sheets at Macys are just okay-- I think in this case, you are paying more for the name and most of them are only 250 ct. I think the KMart Martha sheets are a much better value, especially for the 500 ct sheets!
    Last edited by AuroraBorealis; 05-30-2009 at 11:18 PM.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

I never thought to look for sheets at some of the merchants mentioned in this thread. Especially Kmart. I haven't been in a Kmart in years!! The one near me used to be such a dump. Guess they've improved???

Thanks to all who have posted and thanks Laura for asking the question!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards