Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MyJewelryBox.com

Default MyJewelryBox.com

i don't know if this is the right place to put this but here goes. this morning i got an email from one of my credit card companies about suspicious activity on one of my credit cards. it seems that someone used the number to pay for an ad for autotrader and also for microsoft online. the weird thing is i haven't used this credit card for online purchases since last december when i bought something for my daughter from myjewelrybox.com thru sr. called the bank, checked it out and closed the account. also called autotrader this morning and they had all my information - name, address and even the security code on the back of the credit card. now i have become a victim of identity theft. not a great way to start my day. if anyone else has bought from this merchant lately i suggest you double check your credit card statements very closely so this doesn't happen to you. thought i would just let everyone know about this.
    [IMG].gif[/IMG] i got my penguin from coastalgirl

That's really strange. I have made a number of purchases through them and have had no problems at all. In fact, they were one of our biggest merchants during the holiday season. Is there any other place that you used it before that?
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I have bought tons of stuff from them, and even recently and I've not had a problem, however, I will certainly alert them to this.

Anytime you use a CC whether online or at a store, restaurant, anywhere, you are opening yourself up to fraud. Thats why we offer Lifelock as an offier. It may seem crazy, but 100.00 a year for piece of mind is well worth it.

Thanks for letting us know.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

i don't use this credit card very often and the last time i used it is when i bought jewelry from them online. not putting the blame on myjewelrybox.com, was only just alerting everyone to the fact this happened to me. do hope you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by marcymajor View Post
    i don't use this credit card very often and the last time i used it is when i bought jewelry from them online. not putting the blame on myjewelrybox.com, was only just alerting everyone to the fact this happened to me. do hope you understand.

Ya, we understand, however, we don't want anyone who made a purchase at MJB to get all upset and we also don't want to install any false sense of security in anyone about using a cc online for anything.

I have alerted MJB to this. To date, there have been no other incidences of stolen CC reported to them. Another concern I now have is did someone perhaps hack it from your computer?
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Cindy-that's a real interesting question but how is that possible? i don't go to a lot of websites during my day and i don't buy a lot online except for what i buy at sr - but anything is possible. for understanding and i do hope my situation doesn't frighten people off from using credit cards online for purchases.

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Marcy you should run a spyware check on your computer. They are getting pretty tricky about things like this and can get your passwords for all kinds of things by observing your key strokes. Then they sell your info to others. It often has nothing to do with the merchant at all.
    Sunshine Rewards

Had you ever used that card at batteries.com? They had someone hack into their system earlier in the year. I'm sure that that is where my recent problem started. Batteries.com did sent out an alert.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

bbangel-what spyware program would you recommend me using and not to sound too stupid - where would i find one?
    sammielynn-i have never bought anything from batteries.com.
    appreciate all your suggestions as they are very helpful.

Just heard back from MJB again and they only keep credit card records on file for 3 months, so, its unlikely it came from there since your purchase was in December.