Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovemyboys CS Dining Report - with 1 TS too

Default Luvmyboys CS Dining Report - with 1 TS too

So our annual trip this year was quite different. The trip that I planned months for (family suite at AS Music, free ddp, perfect ADRs, etc) got cancelled thanks to van problems and money issues

Luckily my sister and her family are DVC and had reservations at the Treehouse Villas. Even luckier, they are very nice people and for some reason enjoy having my kids and I vacation with them.

So last week, the boys and I flew down for a 5 night stay with them, leaving DH and baby at home. They hate the heat, and flying, and my DH needed a break after having the kids home with him all summer.

So we did not have free dining, we paid for the QSDP instead. It was very good, much less hassle and stress, especially in the park.

Here is a rundown of where we ate:

WPE - lunch, dinner, and breakfast

Earl of Sandwich

Cooke's of Dublin

Main Street Bakery

Pecos Bills

Columbia Harbor House

Casey's

Pepper Market

Artist's Palette

Sassaguoula @ PO FQ

And lots of snacks all over

My sisters and I also had a nice dinner at Narcoosee's, which is a favorite of ours.

I will write about each place and some general notes on the QSDP. I don't have pics, sorry. I would also love to answer any questions.
    Last edited by LuvMyBoys; 09-08-2009 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Spelled my own name wrong!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Default Arrival day

We flew in on Sunday night on a direct flight from Airtran. Those $25 coupons were great! The boys were happy to get free pretzels and vitamin water. I was happy because they had V8. We had a smooth flight and got in around 8:30.

My BIL graciously picked us up and we headed over to DTD to grab dinner. WPE was the place of choice and we got:

Kids cheese pizza, drink, brownie
    Chicken tenders, herbed fries, drinks, chocolate chip cookies
    Roast beef and cheddar on focaccia, drink, creme brulee

Everything was hot and fresh, all good. The older boys just love the chicken tenders there, they are good quality. The pizza is on a really thin crust, sort of like a pita. My little guy ate it all though. The sandwich was good and came with the homemade chips, not a lot of them though. My DS9 and I split it and it was enough to satisfy us both. We shared the creme brulee which was good, a little more burnt on top then I would have liked though.

Overall, great meal and wonderful use of 4 CS credits. Great first dinner to kick off our trip.

Up next. lots of MK dining......until we got rained out.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I love disney dining reviews. Thanks
    <Sunshine Rewards

MK day, no DH with us so I thought we would make rope drop with no problems. Unfortunately, you can't use gift cards for tickets at the kiosks so I had to wait in line for tickets. There were only 2 other parties ahead of me so no big deal, right? WRONG! Cripes it is so slow for people to choose their tickets, ask questions, get the birthday tickets, etc.

So we got in the park at 9:05 am and missed the show. Oh well, maybe next year.

Breakfast was at MS bakery, no line at all! I should say that the crowds were excellent! The longest waits were 20 minutes for splash mountain at midday and 45 minutes for Peter Pan at one point. Truly great to go on so many rides with so little wait time, I was very pleased with that.

So breakfast was CS - one sandwich, one baked good, one drink. They also said you could do 2 bakery items and 2 drinks.

We got 3 egg/ham/cheese croissant sandwiches, two cinnamon rolls, one chocolate croissant, and 3 nesquiks for 3 CS credits. It was great, as usual! All items were fresh and delicious and more than enough for the 6 of us (we had my sister with us for MK too)

Main Street Bakery breakfast gets high marks from us!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

Yum, now I want a chocolate croissant
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Oh you have some different ones on your list (different in that we haven't tried them yet). I can't wait to read your reviews.
    Sunshine Rewards

I felt that the Main St Bakery was one of the best use of a CS credit. We had 6 peple and we could use 4 credits and it was always enough food and drink. Plus it is incredible. I LOVE their cinnamon rolls! TO DIE FOR
    <Sunshine Rewards

Default Thanks!

Thanks for reading and commenting ladies!

Moving through MK we had plenty of snacks, including root beer floats, churros, churros with chocolate sauce, pretzels (bought the $1 cheese cup OOP, it was big!), a sweet cream cheese pretzel (yum!), dole whip floats (always my favorite), fudge, and several others.

Lunch time we split ways, since DS6 HAS to have Casey's mini corndogs for lunch and the rest of us weren't interested. So DS13 took DS6 to Casey's while we headed of to CHH.

Casey's did not disappoint. Both boys got the corndogs, drinks, fries, and the brownie. The brownies were very fudgey and good. Everything was fresh and delicious and there was even seating inside - all great!

Over at CHH the orders we ordered: fried shrimp platter, fries, chocolate cake
    Anchors Away tuna sandwich, chips, apple crisp
    Chicken nuggets, fries, apple crisp

The fried shrimp platter was fine, my DS5 and I shared it and it was good. Not really remarkable though, I don't think I would order it again. The cake was fine too, my son liked the icing.

DS9's chicken nuggets were very much enjoyed by him and by DS13 who came over to bat clean-up after his lunch at Casey's. The "apple crisp" is more of what we get from Market Day as an apple blossom. It was good, tasted like apple pie.

My sister enjoyed the Anchor's Away a lot, nice change from fried food. It was freshly made and served with a bag of kettle chips.

We sat upstairs.....AHHH...so beautiful and so huge!!! It's really cute up there with all of the Americana nautical theming.

Overall CHH and Casey's remain our favorite CS options in MK
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

Loving this!! Our first trip is in less than 2 weeks. I've got all our Table Service planned and was realizing I have no idea where I want to eat for CS.

Thanks for great details!
    Amy

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Arky View Post
    Loving this!! Our first trip is in less than 2 weeks. I've got all our Table Service planned and was realizing I have no idea where I want to eat for CS.

Thanks for great details!
    First trip ever?? How fun!! What are your TS restaurants? You should have low crowds and hopefully a little less heat when you go down.

I thought I would be sorely missing all of our TS ADRs that I had made, but at the park I didn't miss them at all. We got SO much done! Plus it's nice not to have to pay all of those tips! That was a money saver!

I don't think I will be able to keep myself from doing regular ddp next year though, at the end of the day we did miss the TS experiences. My DS6 was really sad about not doing 'Ohana for breakfast.

Thanks for reading and commenting!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie