Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom - WDW

Quote Originally Posted by MouseUnlimited View Post
    The bad news is that Mickey's and Minnie's actual houses are more than likely going to be demolished, since they're in the way of new construction (according to current plans).

The official word from Disney is that M&M will find new homes "near the front of the park". The fairly reliable inside word on this is that they'll be back in the Exposition Hall on Main Street, like they were many years ago - before Birthdayland/Toon Town. They won't have new houses (since they wouldn't fit in on MSUSA), but they'll have a dedicated meet area, likely with some interior remodeling and theming.

Some speculated that they might be moved to DHS and have their homes re-built, but that would be sacrilegious because we all know M&M live in the Magic Kingdom!
    I LOVE THEIR HOUSES!
    Fanofree

Sunshine Rewards

has anyone been there recently to see if any work has started?

Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I was there the beginning of February and, although I didn't specifically go there, I didn't notice anything different from the train.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by fauntleroyfan View Post
    has anyone been there recently to see if any work has started?
    Not been there recently but got this Disney email with some info:

Fantasyland Expansion Updates
    The Walt Disney World blog reported on March 3 that the park has officially broken ground on the Fantasyland Expansion in the Magic Kingdom. Recently revealed details include names and information about individual princess areas. At Dreams Come True with Cinderella, guests can meet Cinderella in her country home or train to be one of her Royal Knights. Briar Rose Cottage will be home of the Sweet 16 party thrown by the three good fairies for Aurora. Guests can also be transported from Belle's father's cottage to Beast's castle via a magic mirror. The new area will also include Be Our Guest Restaurant inside Beasts's castle. Also in Belle's village will be Gaston's tavern. Ariel & friends will be stars of a new ride-through attraction featuring songs from the movie. Construction on the expansion is planned to take three years, with the new Fantasyland opening in 2013.

Also announced at the D23 event held over the weekend: Mickey and Minnie's houses, currently found in Toontown, will not be demolished, but will be a part of the update.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Not been there recently but got this Disney email with some info:

Fantasyland Expansion Updates
    The Walt Disney World blog reported on March 3 that the park has officially broken ground on the Fantasyland Expansion in the Magic Kingdom. Recently revealed details include names and information about individual princess areas. At Dreams Come True with Cinderella, guests can meet Cinderella in her country home or train to be one of her Royal Knights. Briar Rose Cottage will be home of the Sweet 16 party thrown by the three good fairies for Aurora. Guests can also be transported from Belle's father's cottage to Beast's castle via a magic mirror. The new area will also include Be Our Guest Restaurant inside Beasts's castle. Also in Belle's village will be Gaston's tavern. Ariel & friends will be stars of a new ride-through attraction featuring songs from the movie. Construction on the expansion is planned to take three years, with the new Fantasyland opening in 2013.

Also announced at the D23 event held over the weekend: Mickey and Minnie's houses, currently found in Toontown, will not be demolished, but will be a part of the update.
    thanks for the info, i am thinkig they will do as much as they can to the parts that dont have stuff right now before they close anything done to work on it.

Sunshine Rewards

We were there just over a week ago and we didn't notice anything starting. The boys were sure to ride Goofy's Barnstormer a few times, it was a big favorite for all of them when there were little

I hope the changes are good, I hope they make that area have more of a "flow" too instead of feeling like a dead end.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I hope they add Princess Tiana and the Frog somewhere in the mix.

Can't wait to see all of the new additions.
    Sunshine Rewards