Thread: gmail spam folder settings - sometimes hidden

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Default gmail spam folder settings - sometimes hidden

It's been forever since I've created a new gmail, not sure if anyone mentioned this. I got a new one today, and the spam folder was hidden. I had to go into Settings / Labels and click Show.

Unfortunately I didn't realize this till later, so I think I missed my chance to click the confirmation email for a freebie I did this morning. I clicked it, but I'm sure too much time had passed for the cookie to fire (no biggie, I'll retry in 30 days if still available), but just an fyi, because I was checking and checking and it appeared I wasn't receiving anything, but then when I clicked "Show" I had 71 messages!
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by cglaura View Post
    It's been forever since I've created a new gmail, not sure if anyone mentioned this. I got a new one today, and the spam folder was hidden. I had to go into Settings / Labels and click Show.

Unfortunately I didn't realize this till later, so I think I missed my chance to click the confirmation email for a freebie I did this morning. I clicked it, but I'm sure too much time had passed for the cookie to fire (no biggie, I'll retry in 30 days if still available), but just an fyi, because I was checking and checking and it appeared I wasn't receiving anything, but then when I clicked "Show" I had 71 messages!
    It has taken me awhile to get used to that also. I wonder if there is any way to have the spam folder show all the time? Wow that sounds strange - wanting to see you spam folder!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Yes, I had to search for the spam folder too. I also see that if they feel a message is dangerous you can not reply to it no matter what you click! I am wondering if that interferes with getting credits for some offers!
    Thanks bs4free!
    Sunshine Rewards

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by chipndale View Post
    It has taken me awhile to get used to that also. I wonder if there is any way to have the spam folder show all the time? Wow that sounds strange - wanting to see you spam folder!
    All you need to do is click and drag it up and insert it where you want it to be....I have it showing right under inbox and sent emails.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES